Big XII Spring Power Rankings

Top to bottom the conference is getting stronger, but I still have a hard time putting Mizzo, T.T, T&M or Kansas ahead of us, just doesn't seem right. Guess I'm just used to the way it used to be. Hopefully it will get back to the way I remember it. Losing is one thing, but the way its been done lately is not the Husker way I grew up with.

GBR!!!

I would say right now, on paper, we're ranked about right. Our D is still the big question mark. I know we have some talent on that side of the ball, but the question is if the coaching staff can retrain them quickly enough to play decently this fall. I'm afraid the last coaching staff may have ruined some of them. I know we are going to hear some frustration out of the team when they totally remake the defense. The change will be difficult for some.

My only disagreement with this list is where they have KU, their defense declared for the draft, they will be a good team but this prediction may be a bit optimistic.

1 Loss last season, a win in the orange bowl over a legitimate Virginia Tech team and you think 5th in the conference is optimistic?

Anyways we're probably sitting about right, though I think A & M should be below us and Colorado probably above us.

Yeah....but they didn't take into account that we now have BO...now did they?

uh... yes he did.

7. Nebraska Cornhuskers

What we know: New coach Bo Pelini's biggest recruiting catch was convincing I-back Marlon Lucky to return for his senior season.

What we don't know: If the Cornhuskers will ever get their swagger back on defense. Hiring Pelini is a big start.

How the Cornhuskers can get to Kansas City: If Pelini's presence pumps some new life in the Blackshirts and QB Joe Ganz continues playing like he did in November.

GO BO!!

My only disagreement with this list is where they have KU, their defense declared for the draft, they will be a good team but this prediction may be a bit optimistic.

1 Loss last season, a win in the orange bowl over a legitimate Virginia Tech team and you think 5th in the conference is optimistic?

Anyways we're probably sitting about right, though I think A & M should be below us and Colorado probably above us.

I'd guess that we are one position too high --- I would put Colorado ahead of us. As for where we are relative to Oklahoma State is hard to say. If the huskers improve as most of us suggest they will, then perhaps we are a tad above Oklahoma State --- but even so, the two teams will be close to one another. So I'd have the Huskers in a tie for 8th place.

As people point out the whole conference is getting better. It is quite possible, probably plausible, that the Huskers can be much improved next year --- even very, very much improved, and yet rank in the conference about where they were last year. That is, NU can wildly improve and still lose to Missouri, Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Colorado in the conference --- probably not in laughable, embarrassing blow outs but in tight well fought games --- yet, losses nonetheless. So do not be surprised if the NU record next year is not too different (a game or two better maybe) than last year --- yet the team be on the right track, heading in the right direction and improving (even substantially improving). the B12 is not a nice place for a team that is rebuilding. But I do think NU will be better next year --- if not better positioned.

You didn't watch much much football this season did you? :moreinteresting

Fluke!!!!

When NU held scoreboard and then returned 17-18 starters we expected, as rightly we should, that KU give us the earned respect accorded on the field. In like turn, it is now Kansas that has scoreboard (big time) and returns more of their people than do we --- so we must (if we have any interest at all in good sportsmanship) give KU their due respect.

KU is a program that has earned the respect of the conference (and the nation) and we in Nebraska must as well acknowledge the successes of KU. It is only fair and right.

And, ... I doubt very seriously whether the KU season last year was a fluke.

Colorado may be better than 8th as well

4-8 are a crap shoot as those teams all have question marks with 'em. I agree that having CU at 8th may be a stretch, but remeber we sucked and probably should've beaten them.

in boulder... at the end of the year. I'm just not impressed with them at all

4-8 are a crap shoot as those teams all have question marks with 'em. I agree that having CU at 8th may be a stretch, but remeber we sucked and probably should've beaten them.

in boulder... at the end of the year. I'm just not impressed with them at all

I'm more impressed with them than I am with us.

It will be hard to find a more accurate statement on this board.