Big XII Spring Power Rankings

1. Missouri

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Texas Tech

5. Kansas

6. Texas A&M

7. Nebraska Cornhuskers

What we know: New coach Bo Pelini's biggest recruiting catch was convincing I-back Marlon Lucky to return for his senior season.

What we don't know: If the Cornhuskers will ever get their swagger back on defense. Hiring Pelini is a big start.

How the Cornhuskers can get to Kansas City: If Pelini's presence pumps some new life in the Blackshirts and QB Joe Ganz continues playing like he did in November.

8. Colorado

9. Oklahoma St.

10. Kansas St.

11. Iowa St.

12. Baylor

link

**I know, it doesn't mean much right now. But there's not a whole lot of other stuff to talk about football-wise.

Discuss...

Tell you one thing, I'm scared to death to go to Lubbock...

I think that probably stems from us getting our a$$es kicked the last time we were there!!!

I actually and going to try and drive up from Houston for that game because it is as close to me as the Huskers will come this season. My friend in Oklahoma also invited me to the OU vs. NU game as well.....should be exciting.

Pretty accurate. Is it just me, or does it seam like most teams in this conference are on the rise. Iowa State-getting better Colorado-getting better Kansas-better Missouri-better Texas-going to be better with Muschamp calling D Oklahoma-young and only going to get better Tex A&M-Franchione was their Callahan and I think will get better with Sherman Baylor-is Baylor Kansas State-LoL lets see how these JUCOs are in 3yrs LOL

Tex Tech-18 returning starter(scary)

Ok. State-Kinda on idle, not getting better or worse

Nebraska-going to get better

Just my 2 cents.

Pretty accurate. Is it just me, or does it seam like most teams in this conference are on the rise. Iowa State-getting better Colorado-getting better Kansas-better Missouri-better Texas-going to be better with Muschamp calling D Oklahoma-young and only going to get better Tex A&M-Franchione was their Callahan and I think will get better with Sherman Baylor-is Baylor Kansas State-LoL lets see how these JUCOs are in 3yrs LOL

Just my 2 cents.

It is very possible that we are witnessing the transformation of the conference into a SEC type of conference where the difference between the have's and the have nots is hardly noticeable. You could almost make an argument that some of our middle of the pack teams this coming season such as A&M, NU, CU, and OSU could win conference titles in the WAC, C-USA, or Mountain West.

Just my 2 cents.

It is very possible that we are witnessing the transformation of the conference into a SEC type of conference where the difference between the have's and the have nots is hardly noticeable. You could almost make an argument that some of our middle of the pack teams this coming season such as A&M, NU, CU, and OSU could win conference titles in the WAC, C-USA, or Mountain West.

I agree with you, the league seems to be on the rise. Just a few years ago, everyone was talking about how weak the north was. It seems to be turning around and North and South are getting to the point of being equal. It's great for the conference.

Well if you take Baylor out of the equation then you really have a conference where anyone is capable of beating the top dogs. That is the same situation you have over in the SEC, teams like Florida do not take for granted a trip to Oxford, Mississippi and they even quit taking for granted a trip to Nasheville against Vandy.

Yeah....but they didn't take into account that we now have BO...now did they?

:restore:w00t:woo:nanalama

Well, Kansas is the reigning Orange Bowl champ and they are rated 5th returning something like 17 or 18 starters. I think if the Huskers can crack the top half this year, it will be a good step. Better to be underrated rather than overrated.

Im surprised at how Oklahoma isnt first. Sure they did lose some big playmakers but they had a great class that will have some imediate playing time. Dont forget how deep they are in they wr position, its scary good. Then theres Same Bradford, Id like to see if hell end up like Colt McCoy (great freshman year mediocre sophmore year) although I doubt that. Also I think TTU is a little high. Great offense, horrible defense. Doesnt Mike Leach look awefully like Bill Callahan? He can win when hes supposed to, but cant get it done in the big game, disregarding them upsetting Oklahoma who played like the scout team the entire game. But I am happy with our position in that midrange.

Just my 2 cents.

Great point!!!