Stupid Idea #1

Ok I'm going to be a student next year and I've basically been excited to sit there my whole entire life. I'm extremely disappointed about this decision. It just puts a damped on what I've been waiting for, for a long time. I've been going to husker games since i can't remember now the year I go it seems that we're going to be punished for standing....Idc what you guys say that we're paying for our education and not the football tickets or whatever. But i deserve to sit where everyone in the past has been. I mean come on ...who doesn't want the best possible student section. TO made a mistake.

I disagree with the decision, but considering I never went to UNL, I can't really bitch and moan about the move. But I will say this: when I've gone to Nebraska games, I stand the entire time. Its never been in the student section, so needless to say, I get chirped at to sit down. It was demoralizing, because I was up cheering, while everyone around was sitting around doing the polite applause thing.

Now, let me make this clear: I don't think you have to stand to be a good fan. You can be a passionate Husker fan on your ass or your feet, and I respect all fellow Husker fans, especially my elders. But I've been to other college games in different venues where we stood the entire time, and the energy level was AT LEAST 10 times greater than the sitting crowd in Lincoln. I know that someday, my youth will fade, and my back (which has already gone to s*it at 24) will tell me to sit my ass down. But until then, I'm gonna be standing, every damn play, because I've found that if you're up on your feet and getting into it, whether you realize it or not, you DO cheer louder. Your lungs are opened up more than when you're sitting down, enabling you to yell louder and longer.

So if you're sitting behind me, well, that's too bad. You'll be able to see the field in between quarters and at halftime. That's nothing against anyone, and I'm not trying to be an ass. That's just the way I show my support.

Oh and the alcohol situation. I'm sure none of you in college drank or anything until the drinking legal age or anything like that. I mean come on it's illegal. oh and the percentage of students kicked out 10/8500 thats like .01% of the students which is a high number apparently. Seriously it's a college atmosphere what are you gonna expect. GO TO MIZZOU! They have an alcohol problem! Nebraska doesn't have a problem if you've been there.

oh ya and give us back our seats.

Ok I'm going to be a student next year and I've basically been excited to sit there my whole entire life. I'm extremely disappointed about this decision. It just puts a damped on what I've been waiting for, for a long time. I've been going to husker games since i can't remember now the year I go it seems that we're going to be punished for standing....Idc what you guys say that we're paying for our education and not the football tickets or whatever. But i deserve to sit where everyone in the past has been. I mean come on ...who doesn't want the best possible student section. TO made a mistake.

If you're THAT disappointed why don't you just walk-on to the team....you'll be able to see all the action up close and personal and you can stand for the whole damn game without anybody complaining about it.

Now, if you want some REAL disappointment...my daughter was recruited to play volleyball at NU. I thought "Great! I'm FINALLY going to get my chance to get some fairly cheap tickets so I can go see more than one game a year!" So what's she do? She commits to freakin' LUTHER! I thought that was Superman's arch enemy...not a college! So, I will now have access to cheap student tickets to watch the fabulous Norsemen of Luther pound such worthy opponents as Wartburg and Morningside...Oh Happy Day!! :ahhhhhhhh

If you're THAT disappointed why don't you just walk-on to the team....you'll be able to see all the action up close and personal and you can stand for the whole damn game without anybody complaining about it.

Now, if you want some REAL disappointment...my daughter was recruited to play volleyball at NU. I thought "Great! I'm FINALLY going to get my chance to get some fairly cheap tickets so I can go see more than one game a year!" So what's she do? She commits to freakin' LUTHER! I thought that was Superman's arch enemy...not a college! So, I will now have access to cheap student tickets to watch the fabulous Norsemen of Luther pound such worthy opponents as Wartburg and Morningside...Oh Happy Day!! :ahhhhhhhh

Yup Cause I'm good enough to walk on at Nebraska. You obviously just don't understand cause you're pry living in Ames wondering when Iowa State can ever compete with Nebraska again.

Yup Cause I'm good enough to walk on at Nebraska. You obviously just don't understand cause you're pry living in Ames wondering when Iowa State can ever compete with Nebraska again.

This being neither here nor there with regard to student seating but as I recall from my distant past, the coaching staff didn't evaluate whether you were "good enough" to walk on...all you needed at NU was a pair of testicles and a desire to be the best...that got you on the practice field.

But, 30 years ago we didn't have the internet or Wii so what the hell did we know?

I agree...this was a bad idea. I don't know...or care what the motives are, but if anything we need more all out support like us students. Pretty sure we should petition in some way....I'll sign anyway

Honestly, I sit in the south endzone, and aside from some incoherent chants here and there, the student section isn't that much louder than the rest of the stadium. I'm not trying to knock the students, and I agree they should be involved as much as possible, but this is a ridiculous arguement to be having. We're talking about a stadium where there isn't a bad seat in the house!!

I can understand that people want to stand to cheer their team. Do they have to stand on the seats, though? I heard them talk about an email to Unsportsmanlike conduct where a guy who is 6 ' 1" couldn't see w/out getting up on his seat. I don't think you should have to climb up on the seat to see.

Bah...let the students sit where they want. If you happen to be behind one of em that happens to be standing on their seat obstructing you view, politely inform them that they are hindering your game viewing enjoyment and ask them nicely if they would mind moving so you can see. If they ignore you or tell you in no uncertain terms that they will NOT move and do NOT care if they are spoiling your game viewing experience...a hard shove in the small of the back will usually suffice to send them cartwheeling 20 rows down and out of your viewing area leaving you with an unobstructed view of the action.

The consequences of this decision could be more far-reaching as well. The students might now intentionally try to annoy the people in front of the student section, because they know that those were the people whining and the ones that got the arrangement changed. It's obviously not appropriate, but I won't be surprised.