OL Andy Christensen Suspended.

• 1 month later...

Christensen faces July trial

Nebraska football player Andy Christensen pleaded not guilty Wednesday to sexual assault and other charges arising from an incident in a downtown bar this year.

The offensive lineman, accompanied by his attorney, entered his pleas in Lancaster County District Court.

District Judge Steve Burns accepted Chistensen's plea to the felony sexual assault charge and to misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest and criminal mischief, and set a tentative trial date of July 14.

The 21-year-old was arrested early March 8 after a 23-year-old woman reported he had assaulted her inside the Brass Rail, 1436 O St.

According to police reports, Christensen approached the woman, whom he knew, reached up under her skirt from behind and groped her.

Police were dispatched to the bar at about 12:35 a.m., shortly after the incident occurred.

Christensen was arrested outside the bar but, according to police reports, he resisted officers' attempts to handcuff him and put him in a police vehicle.

According to the reports, Christensen, 6-foot-3 and 310 pounds, kicked at the officers as he was being lifted into the vehicle, and kicked the vehicle, causing a dent.

Once at the Lancaster County Jail, authorities had to put him in a security chair because of his agitated behavior, police said.

Christensen later bonded out of jail on a $300,000 percentage bond.

Link

I hope both young and old can learn from this mans experience. Sometimes we do stupid things. Sometimes we do stupid things when drinking. I don't know this gentleman but I'm guessing that sober in another environment he would not have made these errors in judgement. Sometimes the consequences for our actions are great and sometimes those consequences can follow you the rest of your life.

This guy is 21 and will probably live to be 81. He will carry this with him the rest of his life.

I hope both young and old can learn from this mans experience. Sometimes we do stupid things. Sometimes we do stupid things when drinking. I don't know this gentleman but I'm guessing that sober in another environment he would not have made these errors in judgement. Sometimes the consequences for our actions are great and sometimes those consequences can follow you the rest of your life.

This guy is 21 and will probably live to be 81. He will carry this with him the rest of his life.

I agree. I think many of us have had the "I wish I would have..." scenarios some where in our lives. I just hope that regardless of the results he is able to learn from it and move forward. As the recent past has shown us, there have been other former huskers that have not learned from it and look where it got them (or didn't get them).

First degree sexual assualt for copping a feel?????

It's not like he punched her.

The charge doesn't fit the crime IMO

Wow!

I certainly hope you don't have daughters.

That doesn't have anything to do with. Law is not based on emotions. What if the presiding judge has daughters ?? should that weight in on his decision.

I am not trying to down play what happend at all. But I assumed that Rape laws like assault laws have different levels that differ in relation to the act. I just think that first degree sexual assualt is rather steep given he didn't poke her, forget football for a moment were talking about a 21 yo drunk who did something really really stupid, that I don't think he should have to carry around with him for the rest of his life.

He felt a girl up, was it wrong, yes but I don't think he should get the same punishment that somebody else would get for un-consented sex.

Casual or not, right or not; I do have to agree. This is actually pretty "tame" when compared to several players in the mid-90's. I was in college during the championship runs, and the bar scene was like this all the time especially when Christian and Jason were present.

Sounds a lot like Christian Peter. IIRC, Peter was never suspended for any games by Dr. Tom.

BINGO