OL Andy Christensen Suspended.

What is wrong with this program? Nebraska is falling off the map fast. This is sad.

:wtf

Why? Because one of our players gets sexual assault? Go to CNNSI or ESPN and read the college football headlines. We're not the only school in the nation with horrible things happening to our players. Alabama has had something like 8 players arrested for various offenses. I've seen articles about kids involved in armed robberies, drug possession and etc.

Not all kids are smart, not all kids behave, and when you have 119 D1 football teams with 200 kids for each team, I'm sure there will be some bad apples.

But, you're right, it would be nice if every program could be like the ultra clean and well-behaved Kansas Jayhawks. :sarcasm

I live 25 miles form Lawrence and I haven't heard of any of KU's players being charged with sexual assault...

I can't understand why some of you people want to minimize what has happened. Yes, it has happened before in the past. That does not make it right now.

These brats are lectured at length several times a year about how to act. They watch ESPN and see the Bottom Line list all of the dopes that are suspened from other teams for being criminals and idiots. They are supposed to know right from wrong.

This is what happens when you get your ass kissed all of your life.

Christensen's actions, if true as charged, are detestable. Nobody should defend, or minimize them.

But...

I live 25 miles form Lawrence and I haven't heard of any of KU's players being charged with sexual assault...

You can't use this incident to try to justify some sort of moral superiority, some higher virtue that is somehow inherent in the KU program. Come on.

I can't understand why some of you people want to minimize what has happened. Yes, it has happened before in the past. That does not make it right now.

These brats are lectured at length several times a year about how to act. They watch ESPN and see the Bottom Line list all of the dopes that are suspened from other teams for being criminals and idiots. They are supposed to know right from wrong.

Majority of the people on here are saying good-bye Andy and agree with a decision to kick him off the team. And as for KU players not getting in trouble, I live 40 miles away from Lawerence and here about plenty of crap involving players, night clubs, shootings, stabbing, etc. It happens everywhere and always has. Are the kids stupid for doing it, hell yes and I think you do stupid sh#t like this then you're off the team.

Majority of the people on here are saying good-bye Andy and agree with a decision to kick him off the team. And as for KU players not getting in trouble, I live 40 miles away from Lawerence and here about plenty of crap involving players, night clubs, shootings, stabbing, etc. It happens everywhere and always has. Are the kids stupid for doing it, hell yes and I think you do stupid sh#t like this then you're off the team.

I used to live in Topeka....know first hand of several incidents involving players, minor mostly, and they do get swept under the rug to a great degree.

I used to live in Topeka....know first hand of several incidents involving players, minor mostly, and they do get swept under the rug to a great degree.

My point is, and I do have one, that these guys need to quit putting themselves in the position where their actions are questioned. The athletic department goes out of their way several time a year to tell them that, and the big morons think that they are above it.

I know a lot of the players who have played at Nebraska. A lot gets swept under the rug in Lincoln, too.

Oh this is classic. I've got two sad words for you, beaker: JOCQUES CRAWFORD

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=3951663

This kid:

1. coming out of high school did not qualify academically to attend Texas Tech.

2. Attends JuCo, and is recruited and signed by mangino, despite knowledge of this crime.

Sooo... Heres your inside scoop.

A guy I work with is a friend of Andy's and went to Lincoln to go out with him one last time before spring camp. He told me today that Andy grabbed the chick and when the cops grabbed him they went airborn. It took 6 cops to finally get him down. My buddy tried to get a bail paid for him but they wouldnt set one so he had to stay in Jail. He had court this morning, as soon as I hear what they are doing to him I will keep you posted.

Also, he told me Andy is being made as an example that Bo isnt putting up with anything and is gone from the team for good.

BTW, Christensen was HAMMERED

Those cops probably should've used a tazer. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets charged with assaulting a police officer then.

IIRC, you are a cop, correct? What is the proper procedure in a case like that? I mean, a 300lbs drunk football player going nuts on everyone, including the cops. It would seem to me they left them little choice to get him under control. How they managed to without doing so (they may have, just have not heard it yet) is beyond me from the type of fight Andy was reportedly putting up.

I would immediately deploy the tazer in this situation. I'm 5'8" 190 lbs. and there is no way that I could physically control this guy other than surprising him with some sort of choke hold. We also have a new shotgun round that we fire at an individual and it has a tazer unit inside of this round so the officers don't have to get close. A pepperball gun or pepperspray is always and option as well. With six of them they should be able to get him under control regardless, but it's really hard to get a guy who's wirey under control to get his arms behind his back and alot of people don't understand that. As a last resort you could use a beanbag gun, but those can be risky.

A guy I work with is a friend of Andy's and went to Lincoln to go out with him one last time before spring camp. He told me today that Andy grabbed the chick and when the cops grabbed him they went airborn. It took 6 cops to finally get him down. My buddy tried to get a bail paid for him but they wouldnt set one so he had to stay in Jail. He had court this morning, as soon as I hear what they are doing to him I will keep you posted.

Also, he told me Andy is being made as an example that Bo isnt putting up with anything and is gone from the team for good.

Those cops probably should've used a tazer. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets charged with assaulting a police officer then.

IIRC, you are a cop, correct? What is the proper procedure in a case like that? I mean, a 300lbs drunk football player going nuts on everyone, including the cops. It would seem to me they left them little choice to get him under control. How they managed to without doing so (they may have, just have not heard it yet) is beyond me from the type of fight Andy was reportedly putting up.

I would immediately deploy the tazer in this situation. I'm 5'8" 190 lbs. and there is no way that I could physically control this guy other than surprising him with some sort of choke hold. We also have a new shotgun round that we fire at an individual and it has a tazer unit inside of this round so the officers don't have to get close. A pepperball gun or pepperspray is always and option as well. With six of them they should be able to get him under control regardless, but it's really hard to get a guy who's wirey under control to get his arms behind his back and alot of people don't understand that. As a last resort you could use a beanbag gun, but those can be risky.

I weigh about 220, there is no way that I would want to take someone that big on when they are pissed. I also wouldn't want to be the guy putting the choke hold on. A tazer would have been ideal for someone like this, give you enough time to get the cuffs on. My brother is quite a bit bigger than I am, and if he ever lost his temper I don't think I would want to be in his way...and he isn't as big as Andy by any means, though he is in pretty good shape but I doubt that he is any kind of shape like Andy would be.

Think I will just wait over here....and check the meters.... ;)

I weigh about 220, there is no way that I would want to take someone that big on when they are pissed. I also wouldn't want to be the guy putting the choke hold on. A tazer would have been ideal for someone like this, give you enough time to get the cuffs on. My brother is quite a bit bigger than I am, and if he ever lost his temper I don't think I would want to be in his way...and he isn't as big as Andy by any means, though he is in pretty good shape but I doubt that he is any kind of shape like Andy would be.

Gotta control him in one way or another though so that's why we get paid to do our job. Granted we don't get paid enough to deal with this crap sometimes, but we still get paid. If there was a few of us a choke hold is always an option. Two things will make a man stop fighting immediately. 1. Take away his airway........if he thinks he is going to die or can't breath he usually gives up. 2. Break his nose........the blood and tears will blind him and the pain will overwhelm him.

Gotta control him in one way or another though so that's why we get paid to do our job. Granted we don't get paid enough to deal with this crap sometimes, but we still get paid. If there was a few of us a choke hold is always an option. Two things will make a man stop fighting immediately. 1. Take away his airway........if he thinks he is going to die or can't breath he usually gives up. 2. Break his nose........the blood and tears will blind him and the pain will overwhelm him.

I have a lot of respect for the job you guys do....someone has to do it, I am not sure that I would want to though. Too many idiots and crazies out there now days that have no respect for the value of human life.

I have a lot of respect for the job you guys do....someone has to do it, I am not sure that I would want to though. Too many idiots and crazies out there now days that have no respect for the value of human life.

It definately makes you stay aware of your surroundings when you approach a car on the highway at 3 o'clock in the morning. ;)