Did you become a Husker fan by marriage?

Here's one for you: How many Husker fans out there have become fans because they married someone who was either born in Nebraska, such as my wife who is from Lincoln, or who became Husker fans because their spouse simply enjoyed the crushing style of football played by the Huskers of old? As for me, I was born and raised in Virginia and before the 1990s, my one real memory of Nebraska football was the "Game of the Century" between Nebraska and Oklahoma when Johnny Rogers made that miraculous punt return for a TD. I never really followed Nebraska football after that, unless they were the only game on TV (Remember: I lived in Virginia and that's ACC country!). But then, in 1996, I married a Lincoln girl and she immediately tuned me into Nebraska football. And what a time to catch the spirit of Nebraska football! Who else ruled the college football scene like the Huskers during the 1990s? Later on, I was fortunate to attend a game at Memorial Stadium and while I had been to college games before, the atmosphere, the people, and the game was NOTHING as I ahd ever experienced at a college football game. Since then, I've attended two more games at Memorial Stadium and I was there when the Huskers played Ole Miss (with Eli Manning at Quarterback) and the Alamo Bowl after Frank Solich's firing. It was a pleasure to attend the K-State game last year and see the Huskers stomp the Wildcats. What a pleasure it was to also see Bo and crew beat the snot out of Michigan State because I live in Louisville now and John L. Smith had run like a rat the season before and went off to coach the Spartans. So, seeing Bo and the Huskers whoop Smith was cool indeed. Since Frank's firing, we have suffered through the Calahan debacle and very much so look forward to a new round of exciting football coming out of Lincoln. So, come on: let's hear how you, through marriage, became a Husker fan! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

I was born in Wyoming and raised in Nebraska during the glory years of the early 70's. Husker football is the only football. If they ever did away with Nebraska football I would have to move to Oklahoma, since Wyoming damn sure don't know what football is unless it has wings...or is attached to a kite in the wind.

Born & raised a Husker! My cousin played in the late 60's and that's my first memory. I turned my husband into a Husker after we got married. (He pouted one time while we were dating because I wanted to watch a game and he didn't.....) We moved to Ohio in 1976 and have 2 boys. My oldest is a Buckeye, but the youngest (my good son!) is a Husker! I've been to several games and last year my husband and "good son" went along to the game! Doesn't get any better than Nebraska football!

Born & raised a Husker! My cousin played in the late 60's and that's my first memory. I turned my husband into a Husker after we got married. (He pouted one time while we were dating because I wanted to watch a game and he didn't.....) We moved to Ohio in 1976 and have 2 boys. My oldest is a Buckeye, but the youngest (my good son!) is a Husker! I've been to several games and last year my husband and "good son" went along to the game! Doesn't get any better than Nebraska football!

Is it too late for abortion??? I would get rid of the oldest one...but since you had one after that, it is probably too late for a late term abortion.... :clap

Born in Iowa (don't claim it though), and moved here when I was 4. My dad hates Nebraska football, and brainwashed me until I was about 12, when I saw the light. That was 1985 or so. I cried when the Huskers lost in 1993. I whooped and hollered in 1994, and again in 1995. And again in 1997.