Too many Juco's??????

kramer

Which is better: throwing promising freshmen to the wolves because of the lack of talent left by benard's boyfriend Solich, or using the "band-aid" juco's to do something they've done before (play college football) until the younger kids get ready? If the cupboard wasn't so bare, we wouldn't have to resort to this. Personally, I'm glad that we have these guys coming in, because they can buy time for the HS kids to develop and learn the game rather than getting their brains beat in.

By the way, has anyone ever seen formerfan and benard together?

Which is better: throwing promising freshmen to the wolves because of the lack of talent left by benard's boyfriend Solich, or using the "band-aid" juco's to do something they've done before (play college football) until the younger kids get ready? If the cupboard wasn't so bare, we wouldn't have to resort to this. Personally, I'm glad that we have these guys coming in, because they can buy time for the HS kids to develop and learn the game rather than getting their brains beat in.

who the coaches weren't aholes then maybe some of the stars would of stuck around and maybe some other wouldn't have transferred. Let's not forget they inherited a young 10-3 team.

who the coaches weren't aholes then maybe some of the stars would of stuck around and maybe some other wouldn't have transferred. Let's not forget they inherited a young 10-3 team.

Tell me what "stars" transferred? If they were "stars" they sure didn't show up and make plays these past Saturdays, save Ruud. Against the run.

Tell me what "stars" transferred? If they were "stars" they sure didn't show up and make plays these past Saturdays, save Ruud. Against the run.

I didn't say no stars transferred.

Sorry I don't think bringing in these JUCO kids is a bad thing. I don't care who they bring in as long as they can play. Crap I would trade two more JUCO kids for the two 2 star dudes from Bellevue. Will these guys all turn out to be good? Probably not but some of these guys will be and I can live with that. Bring on freakin spring ball.

I agree with most of what you said, except that the JUCOs are even more hit and miss than HS kids, it is tough to gauge how good they really are because the competition could be suspect, and coaches normally have only 2-3 years to get them acclimated to the system (not that it really matters with this staff).

In coming years, NU would be better suited to taking as few JUCOs as possible.

Sorry I don't think bringing in these JUCO kids is a bad thing. I don't care who they bring in as long as they can play. Crap I would trade two more JUCO kids for the two 2 star dudes from Bellevue. Will these guys all turn out to be good? Probably not but some of these guys will be and I can live with that. Bring on freakin spring ball.

I agree. Most of these guys have three years of eligibility. The shelf life of good college football players nowadays is usually three years anyway. Further, they have played against better competition, and in most cases are more developed physically.

In other words, they are more likely to contribute to the program more quickly. So what if 1 of 5 JUCOs doesn't pan out? How many star HS kids don't pan out?

The fact is that BC and the gang got some JUCO guys who can and will contribute immediately, most likely at a higher level than the HS kids. Let's face it, after their first year, they need to WIN.

And I don't see the long-term harm in making the 2005 team better. If we are better this year, we look all the more competitive to recruits.

I can't wait to see Tomerlin, Octavien, Bowman, Moore, Dagunduro with the Blackshirts, and I am hoping that Harty and ZT make beautiful music together...

After Bob Devaneys teams went 6&4 for the season & 3&4 in the Big 8 conference in 1967 & 68 the fan's were screaming for Devaney and his coaching staffs job.

Tom Osborne tells of a loss to a Big 8 opponent at home and He and another coach stayed in the Coaches booth until all the reporters left and the two coaches left via a service elevator.

Devaney knew he had to turn the NU program around quickly so he went to the JUCO"s in California.

Starting the famous California Connection, Devaney recruited JUCO's Rupert,Terio,Thorton, Wortman,& Bob Newton These men played on the 1970 NC Husker Football Team.

After the success of the 1970 Championship Season, Devaney brought in Didur,Dixon,Bell,Garson,Sloey,Zanrosso and returned all but Newton from the 1970 class. That made 10 JUCO's on the 1971 NU Husker Football Team.

Using the model of a proven winner are Coach Callahan and the NU staff are building the nucleus of the next great Husker Teams?

I read that too Kramer and it does sound similar. Who knows, college football is a lot different these days. I am getting more optimistic with the top level recruits coming in. We see that these coaches can recruit, we will find out if they can mold them into a great team. Can't wait till next season, it will be a lot of fun.

After Bob Devaneys teams went 6&4 for the season & 3&4 in the Big 8 conference in 1967 & 68 the fan's were screaming for Devaney and his coaching staffs job.

Tom Osborne tells of a loss to a Big 8 opponent at home and He and another coach stayed in the Coaches booth until all the reporters left and the two coaches left via a service elevator.

Devaney knew he had to turn the NU program around quickly so he went to the JUCO"s in California.

Starting the famous California Connection, Devaney recruited JUCO's Rupert,Terio,Thorton, Wortman,& Bob Newton These men played on the 1970 NC Husker Football Team.

After the success of the 1970 Championship Season, Devaney brought in Didur,Dixon,Bell,Garson,Sloey,Zanrosso and returned all but Newton from the 1970 class. That made 10 JUCO's on the 1971 NU Husker Football Team.

Using the model of a proven winner are Coach Callahan and the NU staff are building the nucleus of the next great Husker Teams?

Great post Kramer I did not know that :worship

I know the stigma of having too many Jucos and I tend to agree that too many is not good in the long run...but with a class of this size and the overall depth of quality HS recruits, I see no problem with bringing in Jucos in good numbers.

The other thing to understand is that the Juco guys coming in are STUDS...and we need help fast ot D-line and WR and QB....I reallt think this class is the best of all worlds and to look at it any other way is just plain wrong....I would take a Terrel Farley for 2 years than never have him at all.....

The Huskers have reload the Dline with this class and I see us picking up 2 games in the win column because of the JUCOS......thats what I call results