QB EJ Banks

Player: EJ Banks

Hometown: Mc Kees Rocks, PA

Position: QB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Clemson, LSU, Kentucky, North Carolina, Minnesota, North Carolina State, Cincinnati, Louisville and Ohio State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

Bid Red Report: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%.

536638.jpg

here is an article metioning Banks...

Athlete E. J. Banks, a 6-foot, 180-pounder from Pennsylvania, just received a new influx of scholarship offers and one of them came from the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Living near the East Coast, does that put the Huskers out of the picture for this No. 95 ranked player in the nation?

"I have a little bit of interest in Nebraska, but I don't know that much about them," said Banks, who runs a consistent 4.5-second 40 time. "I was going to get some information on them and check them out.

"They are not ruled out or anything. I'm going to give everybody a chance. I have talked to the (Nebraska) coaches, but I have not talked to them that much."

Just in the past 10 days, his mailbox has filled up with more than the offer from Lincoln. His total has become quite an impressive list of schools. Penn State is waiting to offer him, but he has received offers from Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Clemson, LSU, Kentucky, North Carolina, Minnesota, North Carolina State, Cincinnati, Louisville and Ohio State.

With scholarship offers from fairly near his home, he was asked if that might give them a slight advantage.

"Yeah, but I don't want to stay too close," he said. "I want to get away and see what else is out there. I don't want to go too wild. I don't want to go out to California."

"There are some schools that want me for running back and another school wants me for receiver and quarterback," he said. "It doesn't matter to me. If I like the school and I like the coaches and I feel like we can win, it doesn't matter where I play. It is where they need me at."

Last year as a junior, Banks threw for 1,235 yards and six touchdowns. Plus, he rushed for another 920 yards and scored another 10 touchdowns. As a defensive back, he had three interceptions last season.

Link

Another kid coached by Dick Butkus. :)

He was the freshman QB that filled in on the ESPN show where his HS team was coached by Butkus for a season.

cool, also i like his mentality and how he's spoken, he seems to be more about the team then the me.

• 4 months later...