Now THIS was rather amusing

Yesterday, had a sales rep from Cyclone Sports Properties call to talk to me about all the exciting marketing opportunies available to me at Iowa State...logo on the programs, advertising on the scoreboards, sponsering the coaches call-in radio and tv shows (this outfit is the representative for Learfield Sports here in Iowa) so I set up a meeting with him.

The guy shows up and I take him back to the office for a chat. I tell him to hang his coat up and tell me what's what. Well, the guy goes to hang up his jacket and notices the Nebraska coat already hanging up on the hook..."Husker fan huh?" Then he looks around the office and sees the small collection of Nebraska memorabilia I have sitting around....

"Probably not going to be able to sell you on advertising with the Cyclones am I?"

"Well...you know...the customer IS always right"

"Okay...nice meeting you...."

I wonder how many times a day that happens to this poor guy :lol:

Yesterday, had a sales rep from Cyclone Sports Properties call to talk to me about all the exciting marketing opportunies available to me at Iowa State...logo on the programs, advertising on the scoreboards, sponsering the coaches call-in radio and tv shows (this outfit is the representative for Learfield Sports here in Iowa) so I set up a meeting with him.

The guy shows up and I take him back to the office for a chat. I tell him to hang his coat up and tell me what's what. Well, the guy goes to hang up his jacket and notices the Nebraska coat already hanging up on the hook..."Husker fan huh?" Then he looks around the office and sees the small collection of Nebraska memorabilia I have sitting around....

"Probably not going to be able to sell you on advertising with the Cyclones am I?"

"Well...you know...the customer IS always right"

"Okay...nice meeting you...."

I wonder how many times a day that happens to this poor guy :lol:

:clap One way to get rid of salesmen!!

So how do you get people to STOP calling you up for "Surveys"?

We put our number on that nationwide anti telemarketer list a couple? years ago, but lately, half of our calls are from "Surveyors".

I almost always ask to be put on their "Do not call list" but one got kind of snippy with me last week insisting I let her finnish.

I repeated my request and she said, "Fine!" and hung up.

Still seem to get the calls, though.

Maybe I should try that thing I used to do.

Ask them for their billing address and tell them I charge a $200/hr consulting fee with a 2 hour minium..

Didn't seem to lessen the frequency of the calls, but it was still sorta fun.

We put our number on that nationwide anti telemarketer list a couple? years ago, but lately, half of our calls are from "Surveyors".

I almost always ask to be put on their "Do not call list" but one got kind of snippy with me last week insisting I let her finnish.

Ask them for their billing address and tell them I charge a $200/hr consulting fee with a 2 hour minium..

You can try going to the site https://www.donotcall.gov/ and make sure your number is still registered. If you still get calls there is a link there to turn them in. You need there phone # or name to do so.

post-4426-1207879310.jpg

there is no national do not call list for survey's, it's a loop hole that if is ever tried to be closed gallup polls would fight tooth and nail. oh and also with the 2 hour minium[sic] thing you pulled, we get those every day, and just chuckle at them and make fun of ya for it. But personally our favorites our the people who go nuts on us...those are great.

Where I used to work we'd get a call to each line about 4 times per year from a group that called themselves........well lets just say they were out of Washington state but wanted everyone to think they were a local business. They were selling glass and glass replacement for homes cars etc. I told them I needed a new windshield and that would be in Lincoln for a meeting in a few days an I owned a white Ford Crown Victoria, asked them to stop by the front desk and tell them to ask for me and what they were there for. I then gave them the address for the state patrol headquarters. I thought that was pretty funny. Did it again 3 months later and gave them the address for the county sherrifs office. I'd probably do it again except I think they've shut down operations due to all the legal issues they were having. At the time they were being investigated by several states for their business practices.