Cy's 2008 Prediction Challenge

Okay…I have studied the rosters…all the strengths…all the weaknesses…everything…of each Big 12 School. It is time for the predictions to begin. I will now post my prediction for the final standings of the Big 12 Conference (both North and South) complete with final regular season records. These predictions cannot be disputed as they have been run through a super secret computer program designed by Al Gore himself to verify the results!

I will post my predictions now…to be preserved in Cyberspace until the end of the season when all of you can review them and then bow to my college football greatness. Now, without further adeu

Big 12 South

Oklahoma 10-2

Texas Tech 10-2

Texas 8-4

Texas A&M 7-5

OK State 6-6

Baylor 1-11

Big 12 North

Missouri 10-2

Iowa State 8-4

Nebraska 7-5

Kansas 5-7

Colorado 4-8

Kansas State 3-9

Big 12 Champion

Texas Tech

The Big 12 will be sending 7 teams to Bowl Games (OK State barely missing out)

Anyone who challenges my predictions is welcome to post their own in this thread. At the end of the season, I will review the thread and the results and, if anyone has come closer than me, I shall award them with a special Cy Prize of undeterminable value and/or usefulness.

Criticism of my predictions and questions or comments regarding my heritage will not be tolerated <_<

Okay…I have studied the rosters…all the strengths…all the weaknesses…everything…of each Big 12 School. It is time for the predictions to begin. I will now post my prediction for the final standings of the Big 12 Conference (both North and South) complete with final regular season records. These predictions cannot be disputed as they have been run through a super secret computer program designed by Al Gore himself to verify the results!

I will post my predictions now…to be preserved in Cyberspace until the end of the season when all of you can review them and then bow to my college football greatness. Now, without further adeu

Big 12 South

Oklahoma 10-2

Texas Tech 10-2

Texas 8-4

Texas A&M 7-5

OK State 6-6

Baylor 1-11

Big 12 North

Missouri 10-2

Iowa State 8-4

Nebraska 7-5

Kansas 5-7

Colorado 4-8

Kansas State 3-9

Big 12 Champion

Texas Tech

The Big 12 will be sending 7 teams to Bowl Games (OK State barely missing out)

Anyone who challenges my predictions is welcome to post their own in this thread. At the end of the season, I will review the thread and the results and, if anyone has come closer than me, I shall award them with a special Cy Prize of undeterminable value and/or usefulness.

Criticism of my predictions and questions or comments regarding my heritage will not be tolerated <_<

A game used first down stick from jack trice stadium?

Big 12 South

Oklahoma 10-2

Texas 8-4

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-6

Ok State 6-6

Baylor 2-8

Big 12 North

Nebraska 9-3

Missouri 9-3

Kansas 7-4

Colorado 5-6

Iowa State 5-6

K-State 4-7

Big 12 Champion

Nebraska

National Champion

USC

Nebraska beats Missouri for the North tie breaker, there will be 7 teams in bowl games. Colorado and K-State will be put on probation for recruiting violations. Colorado will be forced to forfeit their game against Iowa State due to playing ineligible players. Iowa State will get the second pick in the 2009 NFL draft, because the NFL feels sorry for them. Baylor, of course will get the first pick, and maybe a third pick, just because they need that much help. USC will be put on the 2009 NFL schedule.

Big 12 South

Oklahoma 11-1

Texas 9-3

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-6

Ok State 5-7

Baylor 3-9

Big 12 North

Missouri 10-2

Nebraska 9-3

Kansas 8-4

Iowa State 6-6

Colorado 5-7

K-State 3-9

Big 12 Champion

Oklahoma

National Champion

Florida

Big 12 with 7 bowl bids and ISU edges out A&M for the bowl.

Big 12 South

Oklahoma 10-2

Texas 8-4

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-6

Ok State 6-6

Baylor 2-8

Big 12 North

Nebraska 9-3

Missouri 9-3

Kansas 7-4

Colorado 7-4

Iowa State 5-6

K-State 4-7

Big 12 Champion

Nebraska

National Champion

USC

Nebraska beats Missouri for the North tie breaker, there will be 7 teams in bowl games. Colorado and K-State will be put on probation for recruiting violations. Iowa State will get the second pick in the 2009 NFL draft, because the NFL feels sorry for them. Baylor, of course will get the first pick, and maybe a third pick, just because they need that much help. USC will be put on the 2009 NFL schedule.

Your post is officially penalized for shorting ISU and KSU one game result...you have been penalized one game of my choice...ISU record for your thread has been changed to 6-6 and KSU has been changed to 4-8 reflecting your penalty...and you lose 100 driver points and your crew chief is suspended for 3 races.

Big 12 South

Oklahoma 10-2

Texas 8-4

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-6

Ok State 6-6

Baylor 2-8

Big 12 North

Nebraska 9-3

Missouri 9-3

Kansas 7-4

Colorado 7-4

Iowa State 5-6

K-State 4-7

Big 12 Champion

Nebraska

National Champion

USC

Nebraska beats Missouri for the North tie breaker, there will be 7 teams in bowl games. Colorado and K-State will be put on probation for recruiting violations. Iowa State will get the second pick in the 2009 NFL draft, because the NFL feels sorry for them. Baylor, of course will get the first pick, and maybe a third pick, just because they need that much help. USC will be put on the 2009 NFL schedule.

Your post is officially penalized for shorting ISU and KSU one game result...you have been penalized one game of my choice...ISU record for your thread has been changed to 6-6 and KSU has been changed to 4-8 reflecting your penalty...and you lose 100 driver points and your crew chief is suspended for 3 races.

Sorry Cy, :clap got a little carried away there....I had to go back and revise CU's record, I gave them too much credit. As far as ISU goes, I think I was pretty generous there...especially giving them credit for the one forfeit by CU after the fact that CU probably beats ISU by 21, though it is with "ineligible" players.

cy is this another one of the sarcastic posts that you have published lately

there is absolutely no way that iowa st will finish better than dear old nebraska u

In Cy's defense, ISU gets the 4 dogs from the south this year. That should at least give them a shot at a winning record! However, I'm not quite as optimistic as Cy.

All records aside, I'd just like to see NU beat a formidable foe this year. Maybe a couple wins over Top 15 teams.

Big 12 South

Oklahoma 10-2

Texas 8-4

Texas Tech 8-4

Texas A&M 6-6

Ok State 6-6

Baylor 2-8

Big 12 North

Nebraska 9-3

Missouri 9-3

Kansas 7-4

Colorado 5-6

Iowa State 5-6

K-State 4-7

Big 12 Champion

Nebraska

National Champion

USC

I would agree with most of this except OU wins the B12 Championship and Georgia wins the National Championship.

You fools...of course the Cyclones are going to win the Big 12 Championship because we BELIEVE and have....HOPE! And we want....CHANGE. And if that's good enough to get elected president well then it's more than good enough to get ISU a B12 Championship...

We don't need any plans...we don't need any experience...because we BELIEVE and have HOPE and want CHANGE! Don't believe that HOPE and CHANGE are all you need? Well...here's a portion of an inspirational speech that was given at the end of yesterday's practice by none other that BHO himself:

Tonight, we are one step closer to that vision of Cyclone Nation because of what you did here in Iowa.

I know you didn't do this for me. You did this -- you did this because you believed so deeply in the most American of ideas -- that in the face of impossible odds, people who love the Cyclones can change them.

I know this. I know this because while I may be standing here tonight, I'll never forget that my journey began on the streets of Council Bluffs doing what so many of you have done for this season and all the seasons here in Iowa, organizing and working and fighting to make the Cyclones just a little bit better.

I know how hard it is. It comes with little sleep, little pay and a lot of sacrifice. There are days of disappointment. But sometimes, just sometimes, there are nights like this; a night that, years from now, when we've made the changes we believe in, when more families can afford to see a college football game, when our children inherit a program that's a little cleaner and safer, when the world sees Iowa State differently, and Cyclone Nation sees itself as a nation less divided and more united, you'll be able to look back with pride and say that this was the moment when it all began.

This was the moment when the improbable beat what Nebraska and Missouri and Kansas always said was inevitable.

This was the moment when we tore down barriers that have divided us for too long; when we rallied people of all ages to a common cause; when we finally gave football fans who have never participated in the bowl season a reason to stand up and to do so.

This was the moment when we finally beat back the tactics of fear and doubts and cynicism, where other teams tear us down instead of our team lifting this fan base up. This was the moment.

Years from now, you'll look back and you'll say that this was the moment, this was the place where the Cyclones remembered what it means to hope. For many months, we've been teased, even derided for talking about hope. But we always knew that hope is not blind optimism. It's not ignoring the enormity of the tasks ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path.

It's not sitting on the sidelines or shirking from a fight. Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it.

Hope is what I saw in the eyes of the young woman in Cedar Rapids who works the night shift after a full day of college and listen to people talk about how the Hawkeyes won and the Cyclones lost. A young woman who still believes that ISU will give her the chance to live out her dreams of laughing in the face of the Hawkeye fans

Hope is what I heard in the voice of the New Hampshire woman who told me that she hasn't been able to breathe since ISU last went to a bowl game. Who still goes to bed each night praying for the safe return of the Cyclones to the Insight Bowl.

Hope is the bedrock of Cyclone Nation. The belief that our destiny will not be written for us, but by us, by all those recruits who are not content to settle for the conference as it is, who have the courage to remake the conference as it should be.

The same message we had when we were up and when we were down; the one that can save this conference, brick by brick, block by block, that together, ordinary football players can do extraordinary things.

Because we are not a collection of one stars and walk-ons. We are the Iowa State Cyclone Football Team. And in this moment, in this season, we are ready to believe again.

You fools...of course the Cyclones are going to win the Big 12 Championship because we BELIEVE and have....HOPE! And we want....CHANGE. And if that's good enough to get elected president well then it's more than good enough to get ISU a B12 Championship...

We don't need any plans...we don't need any experience...because we BELIEVE and have HOPE and want CHANGE! Don't believe that HOPE and CHANGE are all you need? Well...here's a portion of an inspirational speech that was given at the end of yesterday's practice by none other that BHO himself:

Tonight, we are one step closer to that vision of Cyclone Nation because of what you did here in Iowa.

I know you didn't do this for me. You did this -- you did this because you believed so deeply in the most American of ideas -- that in the face of impossible odds, people who love the Cyclones can change them.

I know this. I know this because while I may be standing here tonight, I'll never forget that my journey began on the streets of Council Bluffs doing what so many of you have done for this season and all the seasons here in Iowa, organizing and working and fighting to make the Cyclones just a little bit better.

I know how hard it is. It comes with little sleep, little pay and a lot of sacrifice. There are days of disappointment. But sometimes, just sometimes, there are nights like this; a night that, years from now, when we've made the changes we believe in, when more families can afford to see a college football game, when our children inherit a program that's a little cleaner and safer, when the world sees Iowa State differently, and Cyclone Nation sees itself as a nation less divided and more united, you'll be able to look back with pride and say that this was the moment when it all began.

This was the moment when the improbable beat what Nebraska and Missouri and Kansas always said was inevitable.

This was the moment when we tore down barriers that have divided us for too long; when we rallied people of all ages to a common cause; when we finally gave football fans who have never participated in the bowl season a reason to stand up and to do so.

This was the moment when we finally beat back the tactics of fear and doubts and cynicism, where other teams tear us down instead of our team lifting this fan base up. This was the moment.

Years from now, you'll look back and you'll say that this was the moment, this was the place where the Cyclones remembered what it means to hope. For many months, we've been teased, even derided for talking about hope. But we always knew that hope is not blind optimism. It's not ignoring the enormity of the tasks ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path.

It's not sitting on the sidelines or shirking from a fight. Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it.

Hope is what I saw in the eyes of the young woman in Cedar Rapids who works the night shift after a full day of college and listen to people talk about how the Hawkeyes won and the Cyclones lost. A young woman who still believes that ISU will give her the chance to live out her dreams of laughing in the face of the Hawkeye fans

Hope is what I heard in the voice of the New Hampshire woman who told me that she hasn't been able to breathe since ISU last went to a bowl game. Who still goes to bed each night praying for the safe return of the Cyclones to the Insight Bowl.

Hope is the bedrock of Cyclone Nation. The belief that our destiny will not be written for us, but by us, by all those recruits who are not content to settle for the conference as it is, who have the courage to remake the conference as it should be.

The same message we had when we were up and when we were down; the one that can save this conference, brick by brick, block by block, that together, ordinary football players can do extraordinary things.

Because we are not a collection of one stars and walk-ons. We are the Iowa State Cyclone Football Team. And in this moment, in this season, we are ready to believe again.

:bad

Georgia wont win the NC they are overrated, if anybody from the SEC is gonna win, it will be Florida.

Big 12 South

OU 12-0

Texas 10-2

aTm 8-4

TTech 7-5

Okie State 6-6

Baylor 2-10

Big 12 North

KU 10-2

NU 9-3

Mizzery 8-4

sCUm 6-6

ISU 5-7

KSUcks 3-9

Big 12 Champ

Oklahoma

OU goes on to get whooped by Florida in the NC, all we here about in the offseason

is Tim Tebow is the shiznite...ARGH!