Anyone see College Football Live on ESPN last night?

Ganz had way too many interceptions.

We do not have a take it to the house running back. A top level player that scares the hell out of DC.

Lucky could develop into that this year, but he is more of a receiving threat to me.

Still see no hate. I see a lot of home grown love from this side. But reality is what the media has been saying for quite awhile.

Now whether they are right or not wil be proven on the field. We have very little proof of anything to say they are all wrong.

No one knows until the VaTech game. That will be the truth.

We play them tough, win or lose I will be happy. Close we have a shot at the CCG. Confidence will help this team. We get blown out, with the character this team showed last year, the doors will come off quickly.

I think we play them close.

..No one knows until the VaTech game. That will be the truth.

We play them tough, win or lose I will be happy. Close we have a shot at the CCG. Confidence will help this team. We get blown out, with the character this team showed last year, the doors will come off quickly.

I think we play them close.

You mention Va. Tech in most of your posts..What about them scares you so much?

They may be a top 25 team (barely), but I doubt they will be anywhere as good as they've been recently.

We will have at least 3 conference opponents tougher that them imo.

We could very well find out if we suck way before the VT game..And maybe even some good things by the way we play in the games before that..I know I'll be watching <_<

VaTech will be okay, they always are. I know they have lost a lot, but kids step up. Beamer is a great coach and will have them here ready to play.

The other three are gimmes, or at least should be if we are to do half of what some are predicting. If we struggle in those first three games, Missouri, Kansas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma will kick the crap out of us, is my guess. I am not to worried about the first three. Everyone on here screams tradition. VaTech has become a player in that. They will come expecting to win.

VaTech will tell us where we are and how we will fair in conference play. But they will come in with an attitude. If the team has bought into Coach Pelini and his ideas we will see a pretty good game.

And yes they are a top 25 team, we are not, we are a 5-7 team that finished damned near dead last in defense. Is the talent, the will, the heart there to change it? I think the coaching will be, but I still have major doubts on this team and what they are made of. Are the quitters gone? I certainly hope so. If not the love affair with Bo will be over quickly I am afraid.

He seems to think they have the right attitude or are at least working towards it. Listening to his speach in Columbus, I was quite impressed with his comments, but he never ever said he expected to win everything. He said if they bought in we would be a good team. He felt they were making strides, but a very long way to go.

Wins or losses are really not important to me this year. I just want to see Nebraska play. If I see that, I really don't care what the outcome is. Because that will indicate we are on our way back, and that is important. Attitude is what I want to see.

I thought Team A was ASU and Team B was NU the last time I saw them play (1996).

1995, we won 77-28

1996 we lost 0-19

68 point turnaround?

There is a huge difference here. 1995-1996 saw us lose a considerable amount of talent. At least on offense two huge names that come to mind are Tommie Frazier and Lawrence Phillips. Ahman Green was back, yes, however we had a relatively green Scott Frost at QB. Not quite the same thing, IMO.

VaTech will be okay, they always are. I know they have lost a lot, but kids step up. Beamer is a great coach and will have them here ready to play.

The other three are gimmes, or at least should be if we are to do half of what some are predicting. If we struggle in those first three games, Missouri, Kansas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma will kick the crap out of us, is my guess. I am not to worried about the first three. Everyone on here screams tradition. VaTech has become a player in that. They will come expecting to win.

VaTech will tell us where we are and how we will fair in conference play. But they will come in with an attitude. If the team has bought into Coach Pelini and his ideas we will see a pretty good game.

And yes they are a top 25 team, we are not, we are a 5-7 team that finished damned near dead last in defense. Is the talent, the will, the heart there to change it? I think the coaching will be, but I still have major doubts on this team and what they are made of. Are the quitters gone? I certainly hope so. If not the love affair with Bo will be over quickly I am afraid.

He seems to think they have the right attitude or are at least working towards it. Listening to his speach in Columbus, I was quite impressed with his comments, but he never ever said he expected to win everything. He said if they bought in we would be a good team. He felt they were making strides, but a very long way to go.

Wins or losses are really not important to me this year. I just want to see Nebraska play. If I see that, I really don't care what the outcome is. Because that will indicate we are on our way back, and that is important. Attitude is what I want to see.

That's what I was saying to myself a month ago..that "Wins or losses are really not important to me this year"

(Another benefit of the last Coaching staff)?

But each day this off-season, I'm getting back to wanting wins..Hopefully, not expecting them yet, but until this new group of players/coaches show signs of having as much "Quit in 'em" as we saw last season, I can't help but be a little optimistic...In College ball, you can overcome a lot of talent with the proper attitude.

I guess I've also been conditioned to thinking VT has been a little on the over rated side...almost as much as WVU over the last decade or two.

I mean..Who have they beaten besides each other A downtrodden FSU/Miami and maybe Syracuse?

Interestiung perspective of our last matchup with them.

Va Tech is a solid program, but a little overrated. The ACC is not that good. Making it into the top25 wins that con. Hell we beat one of their better teams, WF, in their own crib with a team that totally underachieved. Foster will have their D quality as usual and their ST's will be ready to make gamechanging plays. But their O will be meh. The Va Tech game will be very tough but in Lincoln it is winnable.

Our D was unmotivated, overweight, poorly coordinated, and without proper position-coaching. There was a lot of very fixable stuff that went into them sucking. We have respectable talent. I'm not saying we recover completely in one season. We won't have a top-D. But we'll have a decent D that improves over the season, gang-tackles, and looks to make plays/turnovers.

With the D we'll have we'd have won three more games in '07, and that is what I predict for this season, 8-4. The O won't slip, it probably won't put up points like in the last three games but won't have the dip we had at midseason either. Ganz will give us the best qb-play we've had in a while. We moved the ball well with him, ya his arm is mediocre but at-least as good as Taylor's. Ganz has better feet, giving us more on scrambles/read-options and he knows the system well. We obviously lost some at receiver but we have quality rb's and the line will be more physical, allowing us to ground it out more. Working fundamentals and practicing physically consistently will help. BC's pro-type practice-habits just didn't work for the college-level.

I can accept 7-5 but anything worse would require considerable extentuating circumstances for me to be satisfied about our progress.

I can understand why the espn guys may see us really struggling in '08. We may be homers. But we are also the ones that follow this team. We know just how much screwy, crap-coaching went on last season. We also have followed recruiting enough to know this team didn't suddenly run out of talent. This team can win in '08. I'm not talking a Cinderella-season, but we should win the majority of our games.