Anyone see College Football Live on ESPN last night?

On the show last night, they used Vegas' odds on number of wins each team would get and the experts??? guessed for several teams. Nebraska's over/under number is 6.5. Ed Cunningham was very against Nebraska, saying he covered the Big 12 and Nebraska has no talent to get 7 wins and get over their number. He said A+M, on the other hand, was loaded with talent and would get above their number of 6.5.

Todd McShay said they should get above, but also wasn't very enthusiastic.

Also, they had a poll done during the show asking fans which new coach would increase wins the most in his first year. Pelini won, and the panel laughed, saying people in Lincoln were busy on their computers.

Thoughts?

yeah, what he said was we have no talent. I'm sorry but i just can't fully agree with that. Talent is what Solich got fired for (right or wrong). If he's right and we really do have no talent then he is right there saying himself ESPN's recruiting analysis is bogus as we finished ranked pretty high each year under Callahan! He can say we aren't gonna win 7 games, fine, but back it up with saying "first year struggles" or that the North is gonna be really tough this year, not some bullcrap.

You guys always take things as hate and they are picking on us. Reality is they have been pretty close to correct since the 2001 season.

Said Missouri was the cream of the crop this past year, all said no way we would beat them easily. I was there, we lost, and it was not even close.

No QB, no top running back, no proven Oline, no tigh end, no break away WR.

Defense has a running back be touted as our best LB. Yea that breeds confidence.

I think we get 7-8 wins, but what they are saying is what everyone else in the country would say.

No hate, not craziness by any means. Honest straight forward evaluation of what we have.

Many have felt we were recruiting great with BC. But we got som kids, but our ranking had more to do with numbrs than quality. Of the top 10 clase we were normally the last in star average, but had way more than others.

Our talent has proven on the field to be less than loyal, dedicated or motivated. Pelini reverses that scenario we have a chance to be a good team. If he can not, we will be a 7-5 at best team. I think he can, but I will not buy into it until I see how they play against VaTech. There was no heart on this team last year, hopefully the wizzardry of Oz and his man Bo can give this character a heart, but I have my doubts.

You guys always take things as hate and they are picking on us. Reality is they have been pretty close to correct since the 2001 season.

Said Missouri was the cream of the crop this past year, all said no way we would beat them easily. I was there, we lost, and it was not even close.

No QB, no top running back, no proven Oline, no tigh end, no break away WR.

Defense has a running back be touted as our best LB. Yea that breeds confidence.

I think we get 7-8 wins, but what they are saying is what everyone else in the country would say.

No hate, not craziness by any means. Honest straight forward evaluation of what we have.

Many have felt we were recruiting great with BC. But we got som kids, but our ranking had more to do with numbrs than quality. Of the top 10 clase we were normally the last in star average, but had way more than others.

Our talent has proven on the field to be less than loyal, dedicated or motivated. Pelini reverses that scenario we have a chance to be a good team. If he can not, we will be a 7-5 at best team. I think he can, but I will not buy into it until I see how they play against VaTech. There was no heart on this team last year, hopefully the wizzardry of Oz and his man Bo can give this character a heart, but I have my doubts.

I think people are at the very least expecting a motivated team. anything less means pelini didnt do his job. our expectations of more than 6 wins is very legit

i think ill go put a couple hundred on the over, right now! we have 5 games that are almost gimmes, throw in kstate and you have 6 wins, i see a likely win against CU and Vtech. so you are talking at least 7 right there and i would be willing to bet that we knock off at least one of the others.

Agreed...if the over/under was 7.5 it would be a tougher bet. Over on 6.5 looks to me like 75-80% chance of winning.

Western Mich = W

SJSU = W

NMS = W

VTech = L

Missouri = L

TTech = L

ISucks = W

Baylor = W

Oklahoma = L

Kansas = L

Ksucks = W

Colorado = W

This is a very conservative outlook on next year and there is 7 wins. I have to believe we can steal a couple of these losses as well. Especially TTech and Kansas. At the very worst we have 7 wins and best 9. ESPN = douche bags