131 days

Even then, the first few games will be fun to watch and I'll have a great time, but I'm not really jacked up for any games prior to the VT game. That is going to a riot. I don't know what the countdown is until that game, but I'm sure it's longer than I'd care to think about.

Its going to feel even longer this year than last. Atleast last year i was able to record the spring game and watch it repeatedly untill football season. This year i have nothing to hold me over. Maybe I can drink myself into coma and wake up at the beginning of fall camp. :wasted

Ah yes NCAA 09. That is the one place where I can be sure that my Broncos will start out the season 1-0.

I look at the dog days of the offseason as a 4 stage gauntlet to get through.

Stage 1 is the lull between January 1/ BCS Championship and National Signing day. That can be gotten through by the NFL, recruiting news, and some college basketball

Stage 2 runs from signing day until Spring Practice starts. There you have the NCAA tournament, and the start of the baseball season to try and distract yourself with.

Stage 3 goes from the end of spring practice until the annual magazines come out in May or June. This is when it really starts to hit hard. The NBA and NHL playoffs can help if you have a team in it. The NFL draft is fun for a weekend too.

Stage 4 from mid June to the opening kickoff is the hardest to deal with. News trickles out, and even the open of fall practice doesn't help when you are still a month away. The NFL pre season only does more to rouse the football appetite. The only salvation is NCAA 09 in July, message boards, getting your season tickets in the mail and knowing that we get closer day by day.

I guess if you are lucky enough to have a team in the college world series that might help as well. I can't speak to that from personal experience though so I leave it to you.