"THE Play"

Where were you when you saw "the Play?" I was with my wife, a Lincoln native and NU alum, sitting in our home in Louisville, KY. I missed the play before because I was getting a coke from the fridge. THE PLAY began as soon as I sat down, and, to be honest, I thought it was just another ordinary play Nebraska was running just to get a first down. When I saw Crouch hand the ball off, then disappear from the screen, I ahd no idea that less than five seconds later, Nebraska would be up and the stadium crowd would be out of their corn-fed minds! What a great play. I remember just as I did the "The Play" (also against Oklahoma!) when Johnny Rodgers ran back that put in '72. Thanks for the memories!

I was sitting in my recliner in the living room with an ash tray over-flowing with cigarette butts. When the ball was thrown, I jumped out of my recliner. When Crouch caught it, I started flailing around the living room whoopin and hollerin! Actually brought a few tears to my eyes when Crouch scored. I immediately called my buddy, an avid Sooner fan, and told him "It's all over but the cryin! C'ya in the Big 12 Championship" (famous last words too <_< )

My dad took his brother who is a Sooner Fan to this game and he told me that it was one of the longest drives back home in his life (2 1/2 hr drive)!

I was watching it at home and I too was jumping up and down as he scored that TD. That was a great day.

Wow, that was when i was playing pee wee football still... I was in a pee wee football game, but i remember eveyone in the crowd had there radios on listening to the nebraska game.....then everyone started cheering and we hadnt even done anything good on the field.lol

I was in my basement with my cousin ( he was jumpin on the bandwagon at the time ) and two of my best friends ( one is a CU fan and the other is just a husker hater ) ... I'm smiling ear-to-ear just thinking about it.. that play lasted forever .. it was like slow motion .... i'm getting goosebumps thinkin about how excited my cousin got and finally I wasn't alone.. it wasn't 1 vs. 3 anymore it was 2-2 ... they were poutin' like little pu$%ies !! top five greatest husker memories all time for me

This was by far the most memorable play of my life time. I was in the east stadium, and when I saw Stuntz go in, I new something was up. I still give him a hard time about that. I always tell him they were saving him for that play all those years.

my wife and I were, In of all places OKLAHOMA, for a church conference. we were in some pizza joint surrounded by sooner fans...it was awesome