What if the conferences had aligned differently?

Before the Big 12, and the Big 8 was going to explode - CU to Pac 10, OU to Southwest or SEC, KSUcks to Mo Valley (Hah!, they might even win the conference FB title) MU to Big 10 - NU was interested in Big 10 too, but were not "up to the tough Big 10 academic standards". Tell me again, how many teams are in the Big 10?

Anyhoo - If NU DID get into the Big 10, the Big 8 went the way of the Southwest Conf, what would the past 10 years of Husker FB been like . . . .

More off season drivel.

Before the Big 12, and the Big 8 was going to explode - CU to Pac 10, OU to Southwest or SEC, KSUcks to Mo Valley (Hah!, they might even win the conference FB title) MU to Big 10 - NU was interested in Big 10 too, but were not "up to the tought Big 10 academic standards". Tell me again, how many teams are in the Big 10?

Anyhoo - If NU DID get into the Big 10, the Big 8 went the way of the Southwest Conf, what would the past 10 years of Husker FB been like . . . .

More off season drivel.

probley would have had 1 to 2 more wins a year.

there's pros and cons to being an independent and not being notre dame.

pro: the balls it takes to say that you are able to sustain yourself without a conference tie-in. IMO, i think this would help recruiting because we would be at least in the public's eye...but does that happen without a tv deal like notre dame's? which bring me to the con...notre dame has this huge, exclusive tv deal with nbc. would nebraska be able to grab that kind of a deal with a network? it would have to be a cable channel, and even then it's not likely. five championships just doesn't pull that off.

Before the Big 12, and the Big 8 was going to explode - CU to Pac 10, OU to Southwest or SEC, KSUcks to Mo Valley (Hah!, they might even win the conference FB title) MU to Big 10 - NU was interested in Big 10 too, but were not "up to the tought Big 10 academic standards". Tell me again, how many teams are in the Big 10?

More off season drivel.

What exactly are the "tought" academic standards?

And are they tougher or taught any different?

Actually it would have potentially been worse. I can somewhat stand sharing the title with Mythigan becuase their fan's aren't complete asses and I know we would have killed them had we played.

BUT can you imagine if we were in the B10 and had to split the title with someone like say K-State (they were also undefeated that year other than a loss to us) and if we were in the B10 and played in the rose bowl that year we'd be hearing from the pu&&y cats that they would have beaten Nebraska in 1997 but we were to scared to play them, even though they'd have no shot at it realistically.

I can handle a Mythigan fan thumping their chest now and again, I think I'd eventually succumb to going off on a Kitty Cat fan eventually if they claimed half the title that year and brought it up constantly like they do everything else in their little fantasy land.

Actually it would have potentially been worse. I can somewhat stand sharing the title with Mythigan becuase their fan's aren't complete asses and I know we would have killed them had we played.

BUT can you imagine if we were in the B10 and had to split the title with someone like say K-State (they were also undefeated that year other than a loss to us) and if we were in the B10 and played in the rose bowl that year we'd be hearing from the pu&&y cats that they would have beaten Nebraska in 1997 but we were to scared to play them, even though they'd have no shot at it realistically.

I can handle a Mythigan fan thumping their chest now and again, I think I'd eventually succumb to going off on a Kitty Cat fan eventually if they claimed half the title that year and brought it up constantly like they do everything else in their little fantasy land.

i think scoreboard should work fine...or if they put a statue up of synder tear it down and burn it then put one of herbie kicking the crap out of willie

CU would have not fared well in the PAc 10. Their closest road game would have been almost 900 miles... that would suck.

Nebraska was not an awful fit fo the Big10 a little closer...

Not sure I am buying that things were going to explode, CU was thinking of Leaving, but not sure NU was very seriously considering it...

I see a lot of different college football fans out here in the valley (Everybody's from somewhere else), but have NEVER come across a Michigan fan that wasn't a complete ass..Most of the other Big-10 fans are at least Half-assed.

The KSU fan I saw out here wasn't too bad..Just a little slow.