Will the NU Baseball Team's Success...

put any pressure on the football team to perform well? I asked the similar thing of a KU fan in Lawrence last year, but it was about their football team putting pressure on the basketball team. I think a final appearance in the CWS would be just cause to expect a 9-3 season. We can beat Mizzou and KU!! OU and TTech are another animal... but paybacks are a mutha!

put any pressure on the football team to perform well? I asked the similar thing of a KU fan in Lawrence last year, but it was about their football team putting pressure on the basketball team. I think a final appearance in the CWS would be just cause to expect a 9-3 season. We can beat Mizzou and KU!! OU and TTech are another animal... but paybacks are a mutha!

I would say we have a better chance to beat Texas Tech than Mizzou...

Just my opinion though.

I would say we have a better chance to beat Texas Tech than Mizzou...

Just my opinion though.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just think with the homefield advantage, its just a matter of time that the Pinkel factor rears its head, again.

I would say lets see if the baseball team gets to a super regional before we start talking about successes. Its been like 3 years since we have made a super regional and we did choke a few games in the Big XII tourney.

Don't get me wrong I am as big a baseball supporter as the next guy, but I wouldn't say we are having succes that would put pressure on the football team. In my opinion its always been the other way around. If anything, the football teams downfall has put more pressure on the baseball team to succed. The pressures at the University are directly related to the succes of the football team, not any other way.

Actually the baseball team has surpassed many peoples expectations at the start of the year. I hope they get bact to the way they played prior to the last week of the season and tourney but they have had a good season considering what could have happened after losing so many pitchers last year. I think they lost 6 didn't they.

ummm...just because we can play baseball has absolutely no effect on what our football team can do. Its not like its the same guys playing.

SO MUCH FOR THAT IDEA... Good effort boys!

What success?

Lol. We blew it :(

yes and no.

husker baseball was supposed to finish in the middle of the big xii; that they finished third was a bit of a surprise.

that said, getting put out in the regionals sucks. but, it is progress.

What success?

Lol. We blew it :(

winning isnt everything... but losing sure does suck!

<_< I'm sorry, but did you just say winning isnt everything?! Thats CRAZY TALK! Like Lombardi once said, "If winning isn't everything, than why do they keep score?"

Tech returns an AA WR, a QB with 51 TDs to 14 INTs, and ALL 11 starters back on an average at best defense. If that defense turns the corner in a positive direction, Tech will be the MU or KU of the south this season. The same thing can apply to OSU, IF they play DEFENSE for once!