Board issues

are you guys ever going to get the board fixed? I'm sick of seeing that the 2008 t-shirt thread was the last posted in when I first come here and I want to log in at work, but apparently my username, which I copy/paste from the members database, doesn't exist..

=/

I'm not following. Are you speaking of the section at the top of the opening page that has the text Husker Message Board latest news:, followed by the most recent thread in which a post has occurred? If so, it's working fine. It is possible that your browser simply needs its cache cleared on that issue. If what you're talking about is not that issue, you'll have to explain a little more.

As for your log in, I suspect that you are trying to log in with your display name, and not your user name. I've PMed you your username for log in.

I think he is saying that when he goes to huskerboard.com, and he is not signed in, so the lastest post is from a while ago, at least that is what my computer does. Also every once in a while when I am trying to post a reply or just clicking on a thread it comes up with a page that says that Internet Exploer Cannot display this webpage- then Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address

I dont know what that is either

OK logging in thing is fixed (never seen a board where username is different than display name).

But anyways yeah, the board doesn't like to remember me when I first navigate to the home page, but as soon as I click on a forum it logs me in. Besides that, the last posts function is stuck on a certain date. Weird stuff.

***SNIP***

But anyways yeah, the board doesn't like to remember me when I first navigate to the home page, but as soon as I click on a forum it logs me in. Besides that, the last posts function is stuck on a certain date. Weird stuff.

The latter, I think, is your cache - clear it and see if that does it once you hit the home page. The reason I think this is that when I log out or enter from the main page like you're doing, I see the latest post on the last post function, which indicates it's a browser issue and not a board/server issue.

The former - one thing you can do is update your Favorites and Bookmarks. Instead of going to http://www.huskerboard.com, try going to http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?act=idx. Yeah, it's kind of long, but if you put it in your Favorites and Bookmarks, then it's a one-time thing. Best I can do for that.

also, when are you going to turn on the the 'view new post' and the search engine?

Those functions may have to wait on a board software upgrade. Everytime we enable that functionality, it crashes the board. That's been happening since last football season, and we just haven't been able to find the reason.

Believe me, we want those features back as much as anyone - makes our jobs much easier.

Can't be a cache problem. This problem is consistent across all computers that I've tried (though I've only tried with Firefox). I've used library computers and other public computers that I haven't used before, too. Whether there are previous Huskerboard cookies or not.

Looks to me like a server issue...

Zoogies, I have had the same problem using different copmuters and Internet explorer and Firefox.

Also was I the only one that couldn't do anything on the board yesterday? what was that about, if it was supposed to fix the new post problem it didn't work, but so far all my posts have gone through on the first time edit- now hasn't worked each time but 75%