RB Eddie Lacey

Player: Eddie Lacey

Hometown: Geismer, LA

Position: RB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 200 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Minnesota, Southern Miss, LA Tech

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Scout's #15 RB and Rivals #8 at RB and #62 in the Rivals 100. ESPN Evaluation: Lacey may not be overly flashy, but he is a productive downhill running back prospect with the physical tools to continue racking up yards at the next level. Great body structure for a high carry college back with his compact, thickly-built frame, particularly through his hips and lower-body. Hits the hole with good patience and vision. Shows good foot-quickness and body control making subtle cuts through traffic without losing much in transition. Lateral east-west quickness and good jump-cut skill to avoid the initial traffic and bounce it to the perimeter. Earns impressive yards after contact with his great balance, low center of gravity and body-tilt. Shoulders square up quickly out of cuts for added running power. Does not stop his feet on contact; drags the pile with great lower-body strength and finishes runs. More: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Video: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Eddi...mp;sitesearch=#

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%.

• 7 months later...

last named is Lacy, not Lacey. kid is quick...in his highlight reel, he ran over 3 or 4 DBs to reach the endzone...still undecided

Pretty much going to 'Bama? Scout(free)

"Right now Alabama is the only school that is really talking to me," Eddie Lacy said. "They've talked with me about visiting them and they send mail and call all the time. The only other ones I still somewhat hear from are Southern Miss and Ole Miss, but not as much. "I like Alabama because they run the ball a lot, but the offense isn't one dimensional. They have a good passing game too..."

Grades and injuries have held back his recruiting.

Are we talking to him? It doesn't sound like we are on his radar.

Burkhead got the last rb-slot, after that we backed-off a quality guy in McBurse, I'd say we're done at rb. Tray Robinson's grades are supposed to be kinda borderline but I imagine we'd have stayed on McBurse if we didn't expect Tray to be here.