LSU after Bo.

I like facts.

i like pie.

lets be friends!!!

Sure, y not, 'pie-in-the-sky'....I'm down with that.... :moreinteresting

Look, I stated one fact--the main fact--regarding the miraculous turnaround of the WV defense in one year. I'll leave it to ya'll to work out the lesser details about how it all happened.

I gots way better things to do with my weekend.... :wasted

I think a short poem is in order here:

Bo-liever

We got Bo

that's all I know

and when it comes to D

that's all he know(s).

Bo knows

so the legend goes

and that should--

Big Red Fan--relieve ya....

.....Cuz, again,

when it comes to 'D'

BO is a bad a$$ X 3

And the Blackshirts

they will returN

I am a Bo-liever.

yippeeee! :w00t

WV went from about #107 in D in '06 to the top 15 or so in '07. So that's what I keep in mind when I think about NE's D for '08. We lost players, but maybe that's a good thing if you know what I mean. I think the players on the field for us in '08 will be better and now all of those guys--Thenarse, Assante, Murillo--etc have some experience under their belts.

The key is BO. Well, he's one of the best in the D biz, so I'm expecting great things, a major turn around in performance. :restore:bonez

107th?

Googled "West Virginia football defensive turnaround in 2006 to the top 15 2007."

Rivals.com College Football - Rivals.com 2007 Preseason Top 25Jan 9, 2007 ... The defense struggled in 2006 (62nd nationally), .... West Virginia's Rick Trickett is also a good bet to get more out of the offensive line ...

collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=627579 - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

WV went from about #107 in D in '06 to the top 15 or so in '07. So that's what I keep in mind when I think about NE's D for '08. We lost players, but maybe that's a good thing if you know what I mean. I think the players on the field for us in '08 will be better and now all of those guys--Thenarse, Assante, Murillo--etc have some experience under their belts.

The key is BO. Well, he's one of the best in the D biz, so I'm expecting great things, a major turn around in performance. :restore:bonez

107th?

Googled "West Virginia football defensive turnaround in 2006 to the top 15 2007."

Rivals.com College Football - Rivals.com 2007 Preseason Top 25Jan 9, 2007 ... The defense struggled in 2006 (62nd nationally), .... West Virginia's Rick Trickett is also a good bet to get more out of the offensive line ...

collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=627579 - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

It could have been that they were rated lower earlier in that year....I'm just going by what some commentator's were saying during one of their games last year, the POINT BEING:

The sucked in '06 and were among the best in '07.

Yeah, WVU went from 62 to 7. The biggest difference in score was the Rutgers game who got curb-stomped in 2007 after losing in 3OT in 2006. West Virginia was also 11-2 both seasons so getting the defense to respectable may be more important than jumping a hundred spots in the stats. Replacing Southern Cal with Va. Tech should help.

Uh, I haven't researched it yet--bro--but I think they probably had most of their players returning. Will look into it when I get some time.

zE bOp -

I hope you didn't get offended by the "bro". I was honoring your signiture "Don't taze me, bro" Thinking about that video still brings a smile.

Like you I am hopeful for a BIG jump in the defense - every aspect, intensity, ranking, turnovers. I was wanting something to hang my hope on other than :koolaid2:

Uh, I haven't researched it yet--bro--but I think they probably had most of their players returning. Will look into it when I get some time.

zE bOp -

I hope you didn't get offended by the "bro". I was honoring your signiture "Don't taze me, bro" Thinking about that video still brings a smile.

Like you I am hopeful for a BIG jump in the defense - every aspect, intensity, ranking, turnovers. I was wanting something to hang my hope on other than :koolaid2:

But :koolaid2: tastes so much better.

To be perfectly honest, yards and such really don't mean that much to me. I didn't care that we were giving up 600 yards. Things like that happen. We were still in the game. Hell, look at Colorado. We gave up what, 520 yards? But we were still right there sticking with them.. I just don't want us to be a bunch of pussies about it. I want some hard collisions, some aggression. We need to swarm the ball, and create some chaos. If the opposing team has to bleed for every yard they gain, I will consider our defense turned around, regardless of statistical rankings.

zE bOp -

Nope, not offended, I had forgotten I used the bro thing in my tag line. Ha ha, it is funny... :nanalama

To be perfectly honest, yards and such really don't mean that much to me. I didn't care that we were giving up 600 yards. Things like that happen. We were still in the game. Hell, look at Colorado. We gave up what, 520 yards? But we were still right there sticking with them.. I just don't want us to be a bunch of pussies about it. I want some hard collisions, some aggression. We need to swarm the ball, and create some chaos. If the opposing team has to bleed for every yard they gain, I will consider our defense turned around, regardless of statistical rankings.

Hmmm, me thinks if you give up 400+ yds you are probably going to lose the game. We should have blown out Colorado but then Ganz got INT happy, and the D fell apart again too.....

No, I want low yds, shutouts, intimidation, the whole thing..... :box

A lot of people complained last year (myself included) that we played too much zone, played too passively, and generally didn't use our speed enough. But then the season ended and the NFL scouting combines occurred. Lo and behond, we really didn't have all that much speed. Both Jonathan Zenon and Chevis Jackson were slower than we thought, and Ali Highsmith was MUCH slower than we thought.

Given that the overall athleticism was not as high as we thought it was, Pelini's reliance on zone and less frequent blitzing was perfectly understandable.

Holy hell, boosters are ignorant. Stay away from college football programs and let the coaches run the show. Even the stupidest, most incompetent coach has got to know better than the guys with the money bags who like to fashion themselves as experts. There's nothing more dangerous than a booster-run program.

A lot of people complained last year (myself included) that we played too much zone, played too passively, and generally didn't use our speed enough. But then the season ended and the NFL scouting combines occurred. Lo and behond, we really didn't have all that much speed. Both Jonathan Zenon and Chevis Jackson were slower than we thought, and Ali Highsmith was MUCH slower than we thought.

Given that the overall athleticism was not as high as we thought it was, Pelini's reliance on zone and less frequent blitzing was perfectly understandable.

Holy hell, boosters are ignorant. Stay away from college football programs and let the coaches run the show. Even the stupidest coach knows better than the guys with the money bags who like to fashion themselves as experts. There's nothing more dangerous than a booster-run program.

T-Bone Pickens couldnt agree more. Hey, wasnt he on 'Dancing with the Stars' last time around? :corndance