QB Josh Freeman

Benard

Eric, what is the one biggest flaw any incoming freshman has with new receivers? Getting timing down and learning the playbook. BC has said numerous times that getting Zac Taylor in early was a huge advantage to let him adapt to the playbook. Harrison Beck said himself he was studying plays and running some himself with teammates to better adapt himself for when he arrived in Lincoln.

Everything you're saying is going against what they have stated, and although you keep everyone updated on the recruiting scene here, I would take the opinion of those three anyday of the week and twice on Sunday, FWIW.

Hey just because I put this stuff on here doesn't make me an expert. I agree to disagree with you.

I'm looking at it more form a personal level. He's going to miss a lot of stuff in his senior season, whether you think that stuff is stupid as I do (prom, graduation, senior skip day), but were not 18. That might cause animosity later. If things get bad, we'll start questioning himself, thus causing him to leave.

Besides, he will not beat out Taylor or Beck, maybe not even Davis. If Cate comes to NU, it will be a tight battle with him. I just don't know taking 12 credits and immersing yourself in a playbook with older girls around, hanging out at a buddies house drinking beer till 3am and living on your own is the best for someone who is only 17 is the best thing.

Do you really think he's going to come here early and go to class and read football plays?

I say just be patient, what till the following July to come to Lincoln. No reason to rush.

Actually Eric, I know first hand how it is to miss senior prom, senior skip day, etc., and it's nothing, to be quite honest.

I was home schooled after my 10th grade year and am currently 18 myself, and frankly, it was for the better. I received a better education than from a public school, and it will only benefit me in the future.

Bringing up staying out late and drinking is a moot point. On senior skip day, weekends and at the prom, what exactly goes on? Everyone in HS has drunk a beer, stayed out late, hung out with older and younger girls, so everything you are saying is a completely moot point.

From a personal level, yes, it may be a drain, but everyone is not emersed in the fact of what they might or might not miss. Some people like Freeman have their eyes on the prize, that hopefully being an NFL QB one day and he already is showing he's willing to do whatever it takes and I say good for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can apreciate what the coaches saw in this guy a little clearer now. He just looks like an awesome athlete. I love the way he went out on that bootleg and snap off that throw into the net. I think that between Beck and Freeman that it is going to be fun to watch and see which one developes and starts 2006 2007.Either way I think the competition only improves them both. :smokin

A couple of other schools were looking at him as a tight end due to his size and athletic ability, but he will be a quarterback at Nebraska. His rating at rivals is based solely on his ability at quarterback, because that is the only position he has ever played, so what you see is what you get. He isnt in the top one hundred based on his potential at tight end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...