QB Josh Freeman

Benard

Recruits falling into place for Prince

Mark Janssen Sports Editor

Freeman report

K-State quarterback signee Josh Freeman "tweaked" his knee this past weekend while playing in the US Army All-Star game in San Antonio.

"I do not think it's anything too bad," Freeman said. "I was hoping to get a little more playing time, but with my knee, I came out a little earlier."

Freeman, who enrolled at K-State earlier this week, is a 6-6, 230-pound quarterback from Grandview (Mo.) High School, who had earlier committed at the University of Nebraska.

Prince had actively recruited Freeman, a 4-Star recruit and listed as the 14th best quarterback in the nation, while an assistant at the University of Virginia.

"Kansas State offered a great combination in Josh being able to play for coach Prince and the chance for early playing time. On Josh's visit, he felt they had better facilities than what we expected," said Ron Freeman, the father of Josh. "Last spring we received more mail from Virginia than any other school."

Of his own skills, Freeman said, "I have deceptive quickness and speed. Defenders underestimate what I can do on the run. Throwing the ball is one of my best talents at the quarterback position. I throw the deep ball the best, and my underneath passes are something I also do well."

Recruits falling into place for Prince

Mark Janssen Sports Editor

Freeman report

K-State quarterback signee Josh Freeman "tweaked" his knee this past weekend while playing in the US Army All-Star game in San Antonio.

"I do not think it's anything too bad," Freeman said. "I was hoping to get a little more playing time, but with my knee, I came out a little earlier."

Freeman, who enrolled at K-State earlier this week, is a 6-6, 230-pound quarterback from Grandview (Mo.) High School, who had earlier committed at the University of Nebraska.

Prince had actively recruited Freeman, a 4-Star recruit and listed as the 14th best quarterback in the nation, while an assistant at the University of Virginia.

"Kansas State offered a great combination in Josh being able to play for coach Prince and the chance for early playing time. On Josh's visit, he felt they had better facilities than what we expected," said Ron Freeman, the father of Josh. "Last spring we received more mail from Virginia than any other school."

Of his own skills, Freeman said, "I have deceptive quickness and speed. Defenders underestimate what I can do on the run. Throwing the ball is one of my best talents at the quarterback position. I throw the deep ball the best, and my underneath passes are something I also do well."

it is going to be hard to throw any pass from your back. deceptive quickness??? nothing deceptive about how hard he will get hit when he plays NU

• 2 months later...

That's not cool man. Everyone needs to let this go. The board won't be responsible for actually harassing people or serve as a meeting ground for people who want to do this kind of thing. Nebraska fans are known for class, let's keep that in mind.