Benard

Player: Josh Freeman

Hometown: Grandview, MO

Position: QB

Height: 6’5.5”

Weight: 222

40 time: 4.80

Visit Date: several unofficial

Scholarships offered: Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa St.

Favorites: Committed to Kansas State

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #4/ :star:star:star:star (Pro-style)

Big Red Report: #13/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Big, tall, and pretty athletic. Threw for over 2,000 yards his junior year. Has a big time arm that can throw all the passes.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% He attended Nebraska’s Elite QB Camp this passed June. He will most likely return in June 2005 for another round of Callahan and Norvell’s teachings. Freeman’s father is a friend of Norvell. Josh has visited Nebraska on several occasions for a game this past year. He is believed to be the only junior quarterback with an NU scholarship offer. The 6-6 Freeman, who camped at NU in June, is 24 of 46 for 594 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception in two victories.

I actually coached this kid at the camp. He has a lot to work with. He's still pretty young, but seemed a little slow. But had the big time arm. Before he had went to that camp he had all ready been offered by Kansas and Mizzouri. Not quite 6'6" though, clumsy feet. But I can certainly see the plus side

• 1 month later...
He was at the Nebraska QB Academy and had a cannon for an arm.

Josh Freeman of Grandview, Mo., is believed to be the only junior quarterback with an NU scholarship offer. The 6-6 Freeman, who camped at NU in June, is 24 of 46 for 594 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception in two victories.

Josh made yet another unofficial visit this week. He was on the sideline for his second home Huskers game.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He will most likely return in June 2005 for another round of Callahan and Norvell’s teachings.

BLAWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Gosh dang it, you made me spit my taco salad all over my monitor. That is the funniest and most ludicrous statement I have ever heard. cally and norvys teachings?????????? What a friggin' joke, that probably the last thing any young qb needs, judging by their past results.

I didn't post that, not sure why it has my name under it.

He will most likely return in June 2005 for another round of Callahan and Norvell’s teachings.

BLAWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Gosh dang it, you made me spit my taco salad all over my monitor. That is the funniest and most ludicrous statement I have ever heard. cally and norvys teachings?????????? What a friggin' joke, that probably the last thing any young qb needs, judging by their past results.

I didn't post that, not sure why it has my name under it.

I'm not sure either. The original post in this thread is where the quote occurs, Benard. However, that original post - describing the recruit - looks like an Eric the Red post. If you didn't post that, them I'm unsure how it came to have your name be the post.