WR David Ausberry

This guy looks SOLID in person. I really liked that I saw him glued to Freeman yesterday at the game. I arrived a bit late, so had to wait for the Tunnel Walk to get to my seats so I was basically the 1st person the players saw when they entered the tunnel, and when the recruits came thru people just started yelling Ausberry's name. He and Josh were together and the both started slapping peoples' hands and smiling. Then before halftime, I saw them come into the tunnel from the SE endzone and they walked over to the SW endzone, and Josh was working Ausberry again. Let's hope they bonded and Ausberry knows the tandem he could establish in the near future.

Does anyone have any information on how David Ausberry's recruiting visit went?  I saw that he was with Josh Freeman most of the day, so hopefully Josh is working him in a little bit.

Good job in my opinion by our coaches moving up Josh Freeman's visit to this weekend to work on Ausberry. He was in his ear all night long.

Yes, no doubt. But were going to have to keep on him till signing day. So much can happen, especially some damn coach giving him negative recruiting about us.

• 1 month later...

Season Stats: 20-336 4TD's. 12 carries for 157 yards and 3TD's. 24 tackles, 1I Interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries

Link

Lemoore gets new firepower

Sophomore Aviles joins Ausberry in Tigers' attack.

By Nick Giannandrea / The Fresno Bee

LEMOORE — David Ausberry appears to have found himself a sidekick.

Sophomore running back Eric Aviles rushed for 183 yards to complement the all-around efforts of Ausberry, one of the Central Section's most heavily recruited athletes, as Lemoore High rolled to a 32-21 victory over Redwood on Friday in a West Yosemite League game.

Aviles was making his first start in the backfield this season. And it didn't take long for him to find his rhythm.

He went for 15 yards on his third carry, then gained 32 on his fourth. Aviles averaged 7.6 yards for his 24carries.

"He stepped up big-time," Ausberry said. "I knew he had it in him. He shows that in practice every day."

Ausberry had quite a game himself, scoring three touchdowns on a night he was also selected homecoming king.

"Homecoming king will be fun around school next week, but the win is what counts," said Ausberry, who caught eight passes for 107yards and rushed twice for 65yards.

Lemoore (3-2 overall, 1-1 WYL) took control in the third quarter, scoring three of the first four times it had the ball.

Cory Billingsley's 24-yard scoring run less than 2 minutes into the second half gave the Tigers a lead they would not relinquish.

After a Jamar Brown interception stopped Redwood's next possession, Lemoore scored again. Billingsley's 9-yard touchdown pass to Brown with 7:05 to play in the third quarter made it 26-14, all the points the Tigers would need. Aviles contributed 36yards rushing on the two short scoring drives.

"[Aviles] did a good job," said Lemoore coach Shaun Ball, whose team is ranked fifth in Division III by The Bee. "We always knew he could do the job if we needed him to, and he did today."

Lemoore put the game away by capitalizing on the last of Redwood's four turnovers.

After forcing a Lemoore punt, the Rangers muffed the catch with Lemoore's Ricky Plueard recovering.

Two plays later, Ausberry broke free for a 50-yard touchdown to put Lemoore ahead 32-14 with 11:48 left in the fourth quarter.

"You can't turn the ball over like that," Redwood coach John Yavasile said. "Last week we took advantage of them, and tonight we got bit by them."

Redwood (2-3, 1-1) would get a 34-yard touchdown pass from Brett Brodersen to Kyle Overmyer on its next possession, but it was too little, too late.

Brodersen helped the Rangers roll to an early 14-0 lead.

He put Redwood on the scoreboard first when he connected with Overmyer for a 9-yard touchdown pass with 3:44 left in the first quarter.

Brodersen directed a six-play, 70-yard drive on the Rangers' next possession, capped by a 54-yard scoring pass to Overmyer at the 11:39 mark of the second quarter to put Redwood up 14-0.

Redwood could have taken a 21-0 lead early on, but Phillip Vargas fumbled on the Lemoore 5 during the Rangers' first possession.

"We were not consistent on offense," Yavasile said. "We had some opportunities and let them slip through our fingers."

Lemoore came back behind its sophomore and its established star.

Aviles accounted for 50 yards on an eight-play, 77-yard march that culminated in Billingsley's 13-yard touchdown pass to Ausberry with 8:05 to play in the second quarter, closing the gap to 14-7.

Lemoore tied the score 14 on a 28-yard screen pass from Billingsley to Ausberry. Aviles rushed for 37 yards on the drive to put the Tigers in scoring position.

The reporter can be reached at ngiannandrea@fresnobee.com or (559) 622-2407. Advertisements

• 4 weeks later...

Down to four:

Visit Date: Sept. 10, 2005

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, USC, Ohio State, Washington, Washington State, Cal, and Fresno State

Favorites: Ohio State, USC, Nebraska and Georgia

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #3/ :star:star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#10/ :star:star:star:star

Selected to participate in the US Army All Star Game

Assessing the talent: This kid is exactly what ever school wants in a WR. A prototype pass catcher with speed, size and quickness. Everyone in the country will be on this kid in a couple months.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%

Hello, yes it will be tough to pull ausberry away from usc, since usc has only given out 5 schollie to hs wr's so far, & ausberry is the only one to be from ca - which has to make him feel special. The other 4 wr's to receive schollies from usc are hazelton & harvin from va, hornsby & cooper from fl

plus, usc only signed one wr last yr - who happen to be patrick turner

usc is loaded w/ talent at wr, but they are not over loaded w/ sure #'s at wr - turner fr, & jarret, lewis, davis, & walker so, & mckoy & smith jr - & 3 sr's - which, also does not bode too well for UN

the only intriguing thing about UN to ausberry has to be the fact that he would not have to share the ball too much, or have to come off the field too much

one thing that has to bode will for UN, ga, & osu is that distance does not seem to be that much of a factor, since usc is the lone school that is relatively close to be in his top 4