Kinda peeved at Nebraska Football right now!?

True story that may (or may not) apply:

My daughter's volleyball team was having a silent auction and she asked our neighbor (a player at the time for the Tennessee Titans) if he would be willing to donate anything. He said he would and, since he's a pretty nice guy, I figured he would come across with a few autographed pictures or something. Couple days later he shows up at the house with a box. Hands over an autographed Titans jersey, helmet, a couple of footballs and a few other odds and ends. My daughter looked everything over and then said..."Thanks, I'll take these into school....but do you think you could get some autographed stuff from some REAL players that people have heard of?"

..... <_<

LOL no matter how thankful your daughter should be...her response is classic. Thanks Cy needed a good laugh.

I have a Husker football signed by the entire '06 D-Line, (Turner, Moore, Carriker, Potter, etc) and all coaches besides Calli and Coz. That i'd be willing to donate

Thanks for the offer buddy I really appreciate it, but it's already too late considering I'm leaving in and hour and 45 minutes for the tournament. :thumbs

I have a Husker football signed by the entire '06 D-Line, (Turner, Moore, Carriker, Potter, etc) and all coaches besides Calli and Coz. That i'd be willing to donate

Thanks for the offer buddy I really appreciate it, but it's already too late considering I'm leaving in and hour and 45 minutes for the tournament. :thumbs

Folks next time we have events like this....throw an ad on Husker Football forum

OK BRI, picture this:

Post game of the WMU game, they are interviewing Bo Pelini after we give up an embarrassing loss at home to open the season. Coach's comments:

"Well, I could have worked on the scheme but I just had to sign this football."

I kid. I kid. It's unfortunate they couldn't get anything signed for you guys. <_<

So we are having a D.A.R.E. golf event here on Friday at 4:45pm and the organizers of this event called all over to have sports teams and sports figures donate items to the silent auction. All the money raised goes to the Drug Alcohol Resistance Education program for my department and the Sheriff's Office here so they can use it to teach the kids in the area. One of our officers called probably a month ago and has been e-mailing Bo Pelini's assistant longer than that, probably two months trying to get him to sign a football and send it to us for the silent auction. I figured it wouldn't be a problem considering it's going to a good cause right? Wrong!!!! We just found out yesterday that they are refusing to send us anything because they don't have anything extra lying around and things are just too crazy there right now. This really pi$$es me off because there are a few Husker fans around here that were willing to shell out a good amount of money to buy that football and to help the kids out. :angry: I guess I'll just have to bid on the Iowa football, or the Iowa State Football, or the UNI Jersey, or the Tony Gonzalez signed jersey, etc. Complete B.S. if you ask me! :steam

Sorry I disagree with you here and we'll have to agree to disagree. They had two months to get us this football we thought it was coming and then we called yesterday to ask where the ball was, because they gave us false pretenses that it was coming, and they said they weren't sending anything. Eric the event is tomorrow so obviously it's too late. I would've drove right to Lincoln and gotten this taken care of, but we didn't have enough notice.

You didn't say in your first post that they had originally told you they would send something. It's one thing to be angry because they simply wouldn't donate something (which is what I thought was the issue) and another thing totally if they said they would then backed out at the last minute. If the latter is what happened then I think you have a right to be annoyed. Better luck next time.

did D.A.R.E change it's acronym recently???

When I was in elementary school I remember it being Drug Abuse Resistance Education....now it's Drug Alcohol Resistance Education?

No that was my bad. My team won this tournament by shooting 7 under for the win. :thumbs I still stood up front in my Husker golf shirt and pissed the Iowa and ISU fans off when I accepted the trophy. :lol:

I'd say this sounds a lot like someone working the office blowing you off (not the athletic department as a whole or the entire Nebraska Football organization!). We all know BO and if someone asked him to sign something for a charity/community program/etc.. he would, of course, do it.

Someone just decided they couldn't be bothered to go rummage around for a ball or something, track down BO, get it signed, then find a box to put it in, throw in the ball with a message on department letterhead, tape up the box.. then get the UPS shipping label made and then off to shipping/receiving.

Next time.. I would suggest buying the football/whatever yourself, sending it to the athletic department with a return label.. so all they have to do is take the ball, get it signed, throw it back in the box and be done with it.

While I think that for things like charities and community organizations (especially in-state) it's not too unreasonable to ask for some autographs.. at least do them the courtesy of making it as easy as possible on them to do so.

So to sum up I see both sides here.. they (whoever it was) should not have led you to believe they were going to accommodate you and them blow you off.. and you probably could have done a bit more to make it easier for them to accommodate your request.

-tK (back from a long hiatus)

I'd say this sounds a lot like someone working the office blowing you off (not the athletic department as a whole or the entire Nebraska Football organization!). We all know BO and if someone asked him to sign something for a charity/community program/etc.. he would, of course, do it.

Someone just decided they couldn't be bothered to go rummage around for a ball or something, track down BO, get it signed, then find a box to put it in, throw in the ball with a message on department letterhead, tape up the box.. then get the UPS shipping label made and then off to shipping/receiving.

Next time.. I would suggest buying the football/whatever yourself, sending it to the athletic department with a return label.. so all they have to do is take the ball, get it signed, throw it back in the box and be done with it.

While I think that for things like charities and community organizations (especially in-state) it's not too unreasonable to ask for some autographs.. at least do them the courtesy of making it as easy as possible on them to do so.

So to sum up I see both sides here.. they (whoever it was) should not have led you to believe they were going to accommodate you and them blow you off.. and you probably could have done a bit more to make it easier for them to accommodate your request.

-tK (back from a long hiatus)

We didn't have to send anything to the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, University of Northern Iowa, The Kansas City Chiefs, The Iowa Barnstormers, etc. They just sent the things to us without a problem. I'm sure you are right though about the office person blowing us off. It happens and I'm over it, doesn't mean I don't love NU through and through.

Bill Callahan had enough time to personally autograph a football for a wedding present for me and my wife...

Cosgrove has plenty of time to autograph whatever you would like.

"kevin cosgrove signed my jersey!"

"sweet! what's it say?"

"nebraska sucks and i'm glad i destroyed your blackshirts, you f**kin' hayseeds!"

"awesome!"

Bill Callahan had enough time to personally autograph a football for a wedding present for me and my wife...

Cosgrove has plenty of time to autograph whatever you would like.

"kevin cosgrove signed my jersey!"

"sweet! what's it say?"

"nebraska sucks and i'm glad i destroyed your blackshirts, you f**kin' hayseeds!"

"awesome!"

He signed, "NOM NOM NOM!"

post-2672-1216713547.jpg

I thought the recent floods had already made this abundantly clear: God is pissed at Iowa.

:corndance if that was the case, then Nebraska would be swarmed with locusts...everyone knows God is a Nebraska fan, and you know He wasn't happy about the last 4 years...