Kinda peeved at Nebraska Football right now!?

So we are having a D.A.R.E. golf event here on Friday at 4:45pm and the organizers of this event called all over to have sports teams and sports figures donate items to the silent auction. All the money raised goes to the Drug Alcohol Resistance Education program for my department and the Sheriff's Office here so they can use it to teach the kids in the area. One of our officers called probably a month ago and has been e-mailing Bo Pelini's assistant longer than that, probably two months trying to get him to sign a football and send it to us for the silent auction. I figured it wouldn't be a problem considering it's going to a good cause right? Wrong!!!! We just found out yesterday that they are refusing to send us anything because they don't have anything extra lying around and things are just too crazy there right now. This really pi$$es me off because there are a few Husker fans around here that were willing to shell out a good amount of money to buy that football and to help the kids out. :angry: I guess I'll just have to bid on the Iowa football, or the Iowa State Football, or the UNI Jersey, or the Tony Gonzalez signed jersey, etc. Complete B.S. if you ask me! :steam

So we are having a D.A.R.E. golf event here on Friday at 4:45pm and the organizers of this event called all over to have sports teams and sports figures donate items to the silent auction. All the money raised goes to the Drug Alcohol Resistance Education program for my department and the Sheriff's Office here so they can use it to teach the kids in the area. One of our officers called probably a month ago and has been e-mailing Bo Pelini's assistant longer than that, probably two months trying to get him to sign a football and send it to us for the silent auction. I figured it wouldn't be a problem considering it's going to a good cause right? Wrong!!!! We just found out yesterday that they are refusing to send us anything because they don't have anything extra lying around and things are just too crazy there right now. This really pi$$es me off because there are a few Husker fans around here that were willing to shell out a good amount of money to buy that football and to help the kids out. :angry: I guess I'll just have to bid on the Iowa football, or the Iowa State Football, or the UNI Jersey, or the Tony Gonzalez signed jersey, etc. Complete B.S. if you ask me! :steam

Why don't you go buy a football and show up to the football offices and get it signed personally like I did? You can't expect them to just have a stack of stuff lying around for them to sign and send to every cause that comes calling. I think that's kind of brazen actually. Provide them with the item to sign and if you still can't get it done, well then complain.

Why don't you go buy a football and show up to the football offices and get it signed personally like I did? You can't expect them to just have a stack of stuff lying around for them to sign and send to every cause that comes calling. I think that's kind of brazen actually. Provide them with the item to sign and if you still can't get it done, well then complain.

I don't buy that. If they had time to respond, they had time to find a piece of memorabilia to sign. I've been inside the locker room and offices before, there's crap lying around everywhere. Can anyone in Lincoln get down to the offices or do any of us have anything to donate. BRI, when is the auction?

:dunno

People know I build computers, so if someone asked me if I had a spare case laying around that I could package up and ship to them (in between my other builds), it might take me a while (or a LONG while).

School, work, household projects eat up my time. So I'm sure Pelini & staff are just as busy, if not even MORE busy than someone like me.

Stupid comparison, and it's not going to a great cause like D.A.R.E., but yeah. I dunno... Life happens sometimes.

I don't buy that. If they had time to respond, they had time to find a piece of memorabilia to sign. I've been inside the locker room and offices before, there's crap lying around everywhere. Can anyone in Lincoln get down to the offices or do any of us have anything to donate. BRI, when is the auction?

I couldn't disagree more. You simply can't expect them to give you anything. I have gotten stuff from them in the past for a fund-raiser for the special olympics, but to out and out think they are leaving you high and dry here is weak.

I couldn't disagree more. You simply can't expect them to give you anything. I have gotten stuff from them in the past for a fund-raiser for the special olympics, but to out and out think they are leaving you high and dry here is weak.

Sorry I disagree with you here and we'll have to agree to disagree. They had two months to get us this football we thought it was coming and then we called yesterday to ask where the ball was, because they gave us false pretenses that it was coming, and they said they weren't sending anything. Eric the event is tomorrow so obviously it's too late. I would've drove right to Lincoln and gotten this taken care of, but we didn't have enough notice.

I am sure they have all kinds of people asking them to sign items for them. If you were in Nebraska, I would imagine it would not be a problem....since you are in Iowa, they would rather sign something for their DARE program. It does seem a little frustrating, but they cannot be expected to sign something for every single event they are asked to. It is easy for me to say since I have not been put in that situation though....

True story that may (or may not) apply:

My daughter's volleyball team was having a silent auction and she asked our neighbor (a player at the time for the Tennessee Titans) if he would be willing to donate anything. He said he would and, since he's a pretty nice guy, I figured he would come across with a few autographed pictures or something. Couple days later he shows up at the house with a box. Hands over an autographed Titans jersey, helmet, a couple of footballs and a few other odds and ends. My daughter looked everything over and then said..."Thanks, I'll take these into school....but do you think you could get some autographed stuff from some REAL players that people have heard of?"

..... <_<