Just gotta love those fair weather fans huh?

I was walking around at the mall on 56th and O streets the other day and its sad to see how many more MISSOURI shirts and hats I see walking around the mall as if I were in Columbia, but then again its not only Missouri. A few years ago it was TEXAS, and before that it was USC....getting pretty annoying to see the younger fan base like 17 - 25 years old (that I'm in) wearing other teams colors. Heck I've been seeing alot more Kansas stuff than usual. Kind of disgraceful if you ask me.....oh well just thought I needed to vent.

I can't speak for those people, who very well maybe fair weahter fans, but as a MU fan living in omaha, it has become MUCH easier to get your hands on MU gear in Omaha. Up untill this last year the only way I could get new stuff was online or when I made trips to KC. Hell now I can go to Oakview or Westroads and pick up my tiger gear.

Plus in general its easier to support your team when they win. I.E. my many husker friends that no longer sport their Nebraska gear on a DAILY basis. They still have it and wear it but with MUCH less frequency

Blasphemy.. Damn it.

I wear Husker gear probably 3 to 5 days a week not counting the two new white caps that are clean as hell that I bought at Huskergear.com (Selfish promo) ;)

Im 20 miles from freaking Norman. :box

I'm with you on that. Hell I grew up a KC Royals fan. If you see some fool in omaha, probably the only one sporting Royals & Chiefs gear its me. There has never been a time it was cool to sport Royals gear in my lifetime. Atleast not since I was 3 there hasn't

Sign of a true fan. Much respect..

...I wear Husker gear probably 3 to 5 days a week not counting the two new white caps that are clean as hell that I bought at Huskergear.com (Selfish promo) ;)

A fan after my own heart :clap

I remember driving to a buddy's wedding in Enid, Ok..I had to stop my car at the KS/OK border on the way there to put on my NEBRASKA T-Shirt...All the while wondering if someone would shoot me. <_<

I agree with one of the prev. posts..Why wear NU stuff in the safe confines of Nebraska?..Save it for where it will get the most notice..It will give you a better chance to have a meaningful conversation to set these Penn State and Mechicken fans straight in person who the rightful MNC was in '94 & '97.

I get annoyed by this so much too. Especially when it was Texas. Some people wouldn't even know what Texas's mascot is yet they'd have a hat on. n00bs

I bought a nifty TEXAS T-shirt during the two months I lived in Austin in '82..Wish it still fit <_<..I only wore it after I moved back to Lincoln.

Usually, I hate buying touristy stuff, but I tend to collect Football Jerseys or College T's of teams I visit.

I bought a Michigan sweat at a local used clothing store (Where I do 95% of my shopping) just to rile up my Buckeye wife...She sold it on ebay for a $20 profit. (I planned on washing my car with it).

In my line of work, most shirts last less than a month..It's somehow more satisfying getting acid burns in Kansas State or Colorado shirts.

Now, my Niece's Son..7 years old and has been a lifelong Longwhorns fan living in Omaha and collecting all things burnt orange..We still can't seem to reach him.(..His parents even decorated the whole basement with Husker gear).

I'm the onliest relative he has that's even been to Texas as far as I know, and I've only met him once and we just talked about SpongeBob.

My favorite is to wear my Huskers gear to an ASU game. As they all yell. 19-0. Then i say how many national championships...they all quiet down.

Usually, they yell "Nineteen ta Nuthin'" at me.. <_<

Then I just flex my massive chest, my shirt starts to rip, sometimes green ends up showing, and they run away.

That was the last game I ever went to other than a couple of seasons worth of Mesa Dobson Highschool games to watch my Nephew play or my son's little league games (Coached by a former UNO Maverick running back).

Funny, I wore a T-Shirt a couple days ago that said "ASU" on the front..Every time I looked in the mirror, I felt a little patriotic (USA).

Maybe not the most popular, but who has the most former Huskers. I used to like the Rams (Feragamo), then the Patriots (Fryer), then the49ers (Rathman/Craig), then the Packers (Green), then the anti-Jets (coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-mentioned)

..(I usually only watch teams that have former Huskers on the roster).

Sounds almost exactly the same NFL teams/times/reasons I rooted for.

TheKiD wrote:

The only way I have a problem is when they switch teams every couple years according to who is the most popular at the time.. .

Maybe not the most popular, but who has the most former Huskers. I used to like the Rams (Feragamo), then the Patriots (Fryer), then the49ers (Rathman/Craig), then the Packers (Green), then the anti-Jets (coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-mentioned)

Today, I'm wearing a (W.Moon) Vikings jersey at work and already had someone ask if I was a fan..(I usually only watch teams that have former Huskers on the roster).

Not wearing a (B.Favre) Vikings jersey?

favre%20viking.jpg

Ugh. That just makes me sick thinking about Farve in a Vikings jersey. I am sure the Packers wont trade him to someone in the division but still... :nutz

TheKiD wrote:

The only way I have a problem is when they switch teams every couple years according to who is the most popular at the time.. .

Today, I'm wearing a (W.Moon) Vikings jersey at work and already had someone ask if I was a fan..(I usually only watch teams that have former Huskers on the roster).

Not wearing a (B.Favre) Vikings jersey?

favre%20viking.jpg

Ugh. That just makes me sick thinking about Farve in a Vikings jersey. I am sure the Packers wont trade him to someone in the division but still... :nutz

It's a long shot, but I would mind having him on the silver and black....

I was walking around at the mall on 56th and O streets the other day and its sad to see how many more MISSOURI shirts and hats I see walking around the mall as if I were in Columbia, but then again its not only Missouri. A few years ago it was TEXAS, and before that it was USC....getting pretty annoying to see the younger fan base like 17 - 25 years old (that I'm in) wearing other teams colors. Heck I've been seeing alot more Kansas stuff than usual. Kind of disgraceful if you ask me.....oh well just thought I needed to vent.

I can't speak for those people, who very well maybe fair weahter fans, but as a MU fan living in omaha, it has become MUCH easier to get your hands on MU gear in Omaha. Up untill this last year the only way I could get new stuff was online or when I made trips to KC. Hell now I can go to Oakview or Westroads and pick up my tiger gear.

Plus in general its easier to support your team when they win. I.E. my many husker friends that no longer sport their Nebraska gear on a DAILY basis. They still have it and wear it but with MUCH less frequency

Blasphemy.. Damn it.

I wear Husker gear probably 3 to 5 days a week not counting the two new white caps that are clean as hell that I bought at Huskergear.com (Selfish promo) ;)

I'm with you on that. Hell I grew up a KC Royals fan. If you see some fool in omaha, probably the only one sporting Royals & Chiefs gear its me. There has never been a time it was cool to sport Royals gear in my lifetime. Atleast not since I was 3 there hasn't

Sign of a true fan. Much respect..

Or "imprinting" as they say, like in the animal kingdom(juuust kidding). Actually I am imprinted with the Huskers obviously, but also the Chi Bears who pretty much have never been a good team--with a few exceptional yrs-- even back in the Sayers/Butkis days when I fell in love with those 2 players. iN FACT IT ALMOST ALWAYS GIVES ME PAIN TO WATCH A BEARS game(it must be a deep seated character flaw on my part). I also like the Bears unis the best, but no one--let alone hot chics-- has ever asked me if I am from Chicago or know John Goodman or Chris Farley(well, i guess he's dead). :wasted

I live out here in MA and have learned somewhat begrudgeonly to like the Pats(can't stand 'Hoody'). I think it's evolved mainly as a way to contradict Giants/Jets fans. I also lived in Seattle for 10 yrs so like the Seahawks as well. But the Bears will always be my fav pro team.

Of course, nothing comes close to the Huskers....we are lucky to have had a great team to root for over the decades; can't imagine what it must be like being a Tig or J-bird fan--well, it's probably a lot like being a Bears fan.... :dumdum

I get annoyed by this so much too. Especially when it was Texas. Some people wouldn't even know what Texas's mascot is yet they'd have a hat on. n00bs

Or MI Wolverines. Their gear is in every corner of the world, which pisses me off. TX and MI: PHOOEY! :bang

Where's the novelty in wearing Nebraska stuff in Nebraska?

I wear it out here to attract attention from other displaced Huskers..Sometimes I'll even get an occasional Sooner come up to me and reminisce about past games.

I wear ASU stuff whenever I go back to Nebraska..I can't believe how many semi-hot Chicks came up to me at P.O.Pears last time I was home, asking if I lived in AZ.

Shy (ugly) people like me need icebreakers for people to notice us.

I replied, No, I just bought the shirt for a couple bucks at a garage sale, and I don't want to ruin my good (Husker) stuff.

It is kind of boring wearing nebraska shirts in Nebraska. It doesn't start any conversations here. When I wear royals gear people ask what the point is and I can't come up with one then when I wear Steelers gear I get called a bandwagon. I can't win.

Where's the novelty in wearing Nebraska stuff in Nebraska?

I wear it out here to attract attention from other displaced Huskers..Sometimes I'll even get an occasional Sooner come up to me and reminisce about past games.

I wear ASU stuff whenever I go back to Nebraska..I can't believe how many semi-hot Chicks came up to me at P.O.Pears last time I was home, asking if I lived in AZ.

Shy (ugly) people like me need icebreakers for people to notice us.

I replied, No, I just bought the shirt for a couple bucks at a garage sale, and I don't want to ruin my good (Husker) stuff.

It is kind of boring wearing nebraska shirts in Nebraska. It doesn't start any conversations here. When I wear royals gear people ask what the point is and I can't come up with one then when I wear Steelers gear I get called a bandwagon. I can't win.

Try this...

Animal-House---John-Belushi-College.jpg

I drive my BIG RED heavy half truck to work adorned with the latest and greatest NU stickers, wear my

husker hats and shirts daily here in the land of futility......MANHATTAN, KANSAS. I love some of the

reactions I get. Most people here are reasonably well behaved though. Except when I worked for KSU in the

student union. President Wefald came up to me once and said that he didn't "appreciate" wearing husker

gear on game day and especially at the stadium. I laughed and said "As near as I can tell it's still a free

country" needless to say I didn't receive any brownie points for that! :clap:nanalama

Also live in MA (for the time being) and proudly wear my Husker gear out and about Boston. It's amazing how many people come up to me and comment on it. It's especially good with women.

Although, one night there was a KSUcks fan who duped me into talking to her. She told me she was a KSU fan, to which I didn't respond, then she started giving me a hard time because I was from Nebraska. I told her to go 'f herself, I don't talk to KSU fans' and walked away.

Also live in MA (for the time being) and proudly wear my Husker gear out and about Boston. It's amazing how many people come up to me and comment on it. It's especially good with women.

Although, one night there was a KSUcks fan who duped me into talking to her. She told me she was a KSU fan, to which I didn't respond, then she started giving me a hard time because I was from Nebraska. I told her to go 'f herself, I don't talk to KSU fans' and walked away.

hmmm, maybe a bit harsh, but you left out the most important part: WAS SHE HOT??!! :woo

I drive my BIG RED heavy half truck to work adorned with the latest and greatest NU stickers, wear my

husker hats and shirts daily here in the land of futility......MANHATTAN, KANSAS. I love some of the

reactions I get. Most people here are reasonably well behaved though. Except when I worked for KSU in the

student union. President Wefald came up to me once and said that he didn't "appreciate" wearing husker

gear on game day and especially at the stadium. I laughed and said "As near as I can tell it's still a free

country" needless to say I didn't receive any brownie points for that! :clap:nanalama

Gosh, what a tool, that guy!

Ya gotta consider the source: he's the prez of KSU. Nuff said.

Maybe you could of added the corndance. :corndance

...Bros b4 hoes? <_<

bvjCn5XKqEM