Need help on a TV

Pretty soon here I would like to get a new HDTV for my basement and I thought that I wanted a certain TV but reconsidered when I saw some other TV's cheaper. I'm a big time Sony supporter for I own a Sony digital camera, PS3, PS2, and a 46" Wega Rear Projection Sony. My number one choice for a new TV is the Sony 52" Flat Panel model# KDL-52XBR4 but after looking thru Sears website they still have the 60" Sony Rear Projection TV model# KDS-60A3000 for about $1499.99 which isn't bad and then theres a Samsung 61" model# HL61A750A for $1889.99 and a Samsung 67" model# HL67A750A for $2249.99. My Uncle has the 55" Sony Rear Projection and watching College Football on that is just amazing in Hi-Def. I'm not really impressed with Samsung because my roommate has a 40" Samsung 1080 and the picture is kindof goofy looking. But here's my thing, The Flat Panel one is smaller in size by 8" but the bulb will last about 50,000-60,000 hours and most TV's are going to Flat Panel where the Rear Projection will only last 5,000-8,000 hours but the Rear Projection is a bigger screen and is cheaper. Which TV should I get and Why?

Sorry I haven't been on this site much, I just moved into my new house and I don't have a computer unless my fiance comes over with her laptop. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that TV inch size isn't always equivilant to the size of picture you see. It depends on how far you are sitting away from the TV, and depending on the distance you can save yourself some money by perhaps getting a 720p model instead of 1080p.

I haven't researched specific brands of TVs lately because i'm not in the market for one, but thats what i know about resolution and screen size. I just wouldn't put too much into it.

Here's a chart:

resolution_chart.png

It certainly can feel that way can't it? I do admit, it took me a heckeva long time to figure out that chart when i first saw it, but after 10 minutes of continuous staring, it became quite handy :)

ya gives u something to look at if you dont get a tv lol

SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!

sorry.... recurring economics nightmares...

If people start talking about means and medians referring to stats I'm outta here............... <_<

Well if we just take a look at our standard BELL CURVE....

*BRI cringes and runs away*

Damnit!!!!! I drank soooo much alcohol during that class...................... :wasted