2008 Preview

I simmed the 2008 season in NCAA 09 to see how the season would shake out. Here's the results.

Week 1: Western Michigan 34 vs Nebraska 31

The Pelini Era starts in the worse possible way for NU as the Broncos come into Lincoln and upset the Huskers at home. If it's any consolation WMU finishes 12-1 on the season.

Week 2: San Jose State 10 vs Nebraska 42

Things get back as the way they should be as Nebraska puts up 42 on the Spartans and even their record to 1-1.

Week 3: New Mexico State 20 vs Nebraska 41

Another Husker victory.

Week 4: BYE

Week 5: #16 Virginia Tech 31 vs Nebraska 10

A big victory here could have put the season back on track, but it was not meant to be as VT comes into Lincoln and puts a little smack on Nebraska.

Week 6: #3 Missouri 37 vs Nebraska 7

Mizzou breaks their losing streak in Lincoln and puts a good 37 points on NU.

Week 7: Nebraska 17 at #7 Texas Tech 28

Nebraska hangs with Tech here but they eventually pull away and continues Nebraska's losing streak to 3 games.

Week 8: Nebraska 45 at Iowa State 35

Nebraska gets back to winning in Ames but they only are able to beat the Cyclones by 10 points. Could have been 17 but a mysterious yard marker holder trips Marlon Lucky going in for a late score as time expired.

Week 9: Baylor 24 vs Nebraska 45

Nebraska wins their first game at home since the NMSU game. Only thing bad here as that Nebraska and Baylor came in with the same records. Good for Baylor. Bad for Nebraska.

Week 10: Nebraska 23 at Oklahoma 45

The Youngstown, OH ties of Pelini and Bob Stoops highlight this rivalry but Nebraska never had a chance. OU dominated from the start in this one.

Week 11: Kansas 51 vs Nebraska 32

Kansas snaps their losing streak in Lincoln and puts a beating on the Big Red.

Week 12: Nebraska 41 at Kansas State 38 (OT)

Nebraska needed overtime to beat K-State in Manhattan but Josh Freeman's record against the team he left goes to 0-3.

Week 13: BYE

Nebraska enters the buy week before the CU game with the same record as this point in 2007.

Week 14: Colorado 14 vs Nebraska 38

Colorado also struggled this year and their struggles continued in this game. Nebraska finishes the regular season with a 6-6 record (4-4 conference) and a bowl bid to the Humanitarian Bowl to play Louisiana Tech on December 30th.

Missouri defeats Texas to win the Big 12 Title.

Chase Daniel wins the Heisman trophy.

Bowl Game: Louisiana Tech 34 vs Nebraska 37 (OT)

Nebraska caps off this season with an overtime bowl victory over La. Tech. The Huskers finish with a 7-6 record and head into the offseason.

USC defeats Pitt for the National Title.

Final Top 5 Poll:

1. USC 2. Alabama 3. Arizona State 4. Missouri 5. Pitt

Those sims can go anyway though. I've simmed it too and the Huskers put up 10 wins. Besides, an ending top 5 poll with Alabama and Pitt in there.....ehhhh...I'd have to second guess.

Exactly! And just last season ESPN's game reviewer simmed the huskers into the title game. That being said i'm eagerly awaiting my copy!

i have NCAA 08 and getting 09 soon....well i think i had the greatest team ever, (i never cheated, just recruited a ton of 5* and 4* recruits) my offense is great rated in top 20 every year, settings are60/40 run and with Neb. playbook but a spread offense...my D is GREAT. ranked in top 5 every year. well i had about 90% of my starters at 99 and no starters less than 95. and i was absolutely tearing people apart, untill colo...dont need to say that name.....they beat me(31-36)!!!! i was like WTF???? they usually beat me when i do great in a season but i do have the better record against each other...any ways...i would have had the best team but i was like thinking i was going to beat them by about 50 points(like every team) so i simmed it then i losssed...so i was P*ssed off for the whole day..unbelievable

Those sims can go anyway though. I've simmed it too and the Huskers put up 10 wins. Besides, an ending top 5 poll with Alabama and Pitt in there.....ehhhh...I'd have to second guess.

case in point: last year, a reporter wrote an article stating that nebraska was going to be playing for the national championship last year according to NCAA '07.

stats are one thing. final score in RL is another.

I can't tell you how many times i've been up by twoo scores late in the fourth. And miraculously my opponent becomes all-world and end the game w/ three FF's an INT and beat me by 14!

There was a word for that in the '70s..

Sooner Magic!!!

I still have nightmares... :madash

Not too much of a surprise seeing as they are probably working off of last years performance. :lol:

This year's sim engine is borked. I consider myself an above average, but not Hardcore NCAA player, but reading through some of the NCAA Strategies forums, the hardcore dynasty & sim guys are pissed. I've simmed about 10 times for the 2008 season, and I've seen NU do 5-7 to 12-2, and anywhere in between.

I can't tell you how many times i've been up by twoo scores late in the fourth. And miraculously my opponent becomes all-world and end the game w/ three FF's an INT and beat me by 14! First thing i'll do is create a Cody Glenn @ LB and watch out!

Totally and I've never seen the onside kick so effective