Davis a devoted Husker

The whole thing was already obscene to any Husker fan, a game spiraling toward embarrassment even before the head coach turned to the skinny true freshman and told him to get in there.

Beau Davis hadn’t played in a college football game and he wouldn’t play in another one until two years later. But when Bill Callahan called his number that night in Lubbock, Texas, almost four years ago and told him to lead the offense, Davis jogged to the huddle with hopes that this might be the start of something big.

rest here, http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/0...30321993434.txt

You got to admire Beau Davis. How could you not cheer for a kid like that? Here's hoping he gets some quality playing time in '08 and goes out on the right note.

I remember his day very well...I was sitting in a OhioState bar on Clarke Street in Chicago, I had just moved there 5 months ago...I asked the waitress if she could put on the Nebraska game, tuned it into a tv about 6 inches in diameter...As NU started getting pummeled I ordered another round, no one gave me much notice because I was wearing red, NU red, not OSU red, nonetheless: the whipping insued...I called my brothers and said, "I think the new coach was a mistake"

He puts in a freshmen....you know the rest

Since then: moved to Colorado, had 2 kids, suffered through the drought...has it really been 4 years??

Yet here is Beau Davis--still standing

His story gives me hope for the Cornhuskers

He outlived the 'Dark Ages'

Even piles of sh#t couldn't damper his attitude

I think we'll be okay, simply because this guy has been through more with our team and still loves it as much as we do, he can be a link. What we were before, where 'he' f'd it up, and where we are now. we still have good kids who Play for Nebraska...Go Big Red

Definitely sucks that all he'll be remembered for is that game.

I honestly don't see him playing another snap in his career... but he'll be a Husker forever.

sure as hell ain't his fault. i'm gonna have to go buy a jersey with his number and ask for a sig i thinks...i'm proud he's a husker.