OU NU rival

Ok guys, so i was just reading in the Cu needs a rival with Nu thread, and we seem to think Ou is still the only worthy rival for Nebraska. we have the closest series record of all the big 12 teams, and our history is legendary. So could it be possible to make it so that Nebraska played Oklahoma every year?

Could a guy like Tom Osborne with his status as AD for Nebraska bring it up at a Big 12 confrence and if so would that help. I am motivated to get a petition going that I could send to Tom Osborne that would influence him to talk to the guys at the head of the big 12. A petition of not only Husker fans but Oklahoma fans as well.

I know Castiglione (OU AD) would love to re-vive that annual rivalry and is actually working on bringing in all the players and coaches from both teams that played in the '71 Game of the Century. There was a thread posted about that with an article in it.

I also know a lot and I mean a LOOOOOT of OU fans feel as strongly about re-viving that annual game just as badly as Nebraska fans do.

I think the only way it gets revived on an annual basis is for NU to go independant and then schedule OU every year. Either that, or OU and NU would have to schedule one another as a nonconference game at the beginning of the year. The problem with that would be playing twice a year every other year.

I think the only way it gets revived on an annual basis is for NU to go independant and then schedule OU every year. Either that, or OU and NU would have to schedule one another as a nonconference game at the beginning of the year. The problem with that would be playing twice a year every other year.

Only for the 2 years when they are not on our rotation. NC home, NC away, C home, C away. And schedule it Thanksgiving weekend every year. NC or C

Could a guy like Tom Osborne with his status as AD for Nebraska bring it up at a Big 12 confrence and if so would that help. I am motivated to get a petition going that I could send to Tom Osborne that would influence him to talk to the guys at the head of the big 12. A petition of not only Husker fans but Oklahoma fans as well.

Petition wouldn't hurt but the fact of the matter remains, the Big 12 won't let it happen...those commie-nazi rat bastards