National Champs

Ok its far fetched and i dont think its possible but i was curious. In the off chance that we went undefeated this year. Would we have the schedule strength to carry us to number 1 for a national champoinchip shot. Or would we be getting told we didnt have a strong scheduel like hawaii did. Again i dont think this is possible but i was curious how the ranking system works.

Ben

If we went undefeated and won the Big 12 championship, I'd have to say the probability of making the NC game is remarkably high. That has less to do with SOS and more to do with just going undefeated. Hawaii's problem is not being in a marquee conference. If we beat VT, Missouri, and Texas Tech, we are going to shoot up the polls.

Of course...that probably won't happen ;)

If Nebraska went undefeated they'd be in the National Championship game for sure!

Imagine the party that would be going on at 72nd and Dodge!

It would be too sweet for Pelini to have a National Championship ring from LSU and one from Nebraska in just 2 years.

Also, if we'd go undefeated this year Nebraska would be back on top where we belong! It's just a matter of time.

If 2 other teams go undefeated, then who knows? But ahead of 1 loss teams, for sure. Kansas last year was a good example, they were #2 in the BCS until the Mizzou loss.

Hawaii had a horrid schedule, and played 2 OT games against weak opponents. It wasn't just lack of respect for their conference, it was that they were barely tested throughout the year, and Georgia exposed them.

I don't know....strength of schedule could really hurt. We would have to beat some Big 12 teams that would have to go on and have really good years to have a good ranking in the polls. It also depends on who else has either a undefeated season or 1 loss season and what their strength of schedule looks like. There is a lot of teams out there that could argue they have a better strength of schedule this year.

This is another reason we need to stop scheduling perceived panzies to start the year off...it hurts us if we actually have a good team.

If Eleanor Roosevelt could have flown, she could have single-handedly beaten the Nazis. If....

:rant

STFU...We all realize this is "pie in the sky" talk. But truth is right now every team is undefeated. And if you truly think it's "impossible" for our beloved Huskers to go undefeated then you truly haven't been paying attention to college football these past few years. I, for one, realize the odds are "long" to say the least, but as I am a "fan" I do have the right to dream...now...quite pissin' in my koolaid!!

:rant

Absolutely.

If we went undefeated this year, there is no way we would get shut out of the national title game. As of right now, we are slated to play 5 teams in the preseason top 15. That is ludicrous. If we won the Big XII title game, we could bump that number up to 6. No way in hell we get shut out of a title game if we go undefeated.

That being said, of course we won't go undefeated this year. The team with the best chance to go undefeated is USC. Georgia, despite being the best team in the country, is almost certainly going to have at least one loss, possibly two, because of their absolute nightmare of a schedule.

I just really hope Ohio State doesn't beat USC and wind up in the title game again. Wells is good, but they would be CRUSHED by even a 2 loss Georgia team. The Big Ten sucks. No wonder they (and the Pac-10) hate the playoff system- they would be brushed aside by Big XII and SEC teams in the first round every year.

But truth is right now every team is undefeated. And if you truly think it's "impossible" for our beloved Huskers to go undefeated then you truly haven't been paying attention to college football these past few years. I, for one, realize the odds are "long" to say the least, but as I am a "fan" I do have the right to dream...now...quite pissin' in my koolaid!!

:koolaid2:

woo hoo... I like how you think.... nothing is impossible. That means the clones still have a shot at the title!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin