Did he live after this?

It was the 94 game against Wyoming. As bad as that looked, I think the QB stayed in the game.

Is this the hit?

GeqRBjwTEjA

I thought he suffered a bad concussion, or a screwed up neck, and had to be carted off the field. I believe Berringer started that game, because Frasier was having problems with blood clots. I know we were behind like 21-7, before Berringer and Phillips got it together to win 42-32. I think Berringer suffered the collapsed lung in this game also. I seem to remember Wyoming's coach not wanting to come back to play here, because of all the injuries they suffered. The ol' Blackshirts ruined what could have been one of their best seasons in the MWC with all the good talent they had.

Accd to some of the comments, he walked off...but with a bent facemask.

Yes, the QB was okay after a few minutes. I was at that game and in the North endzone near where this plap happened. He was out cold a few minutes didnt play the rest of the game. Yes, was alos the play where the facemask was bent upwards. Had never seen that happen before. Gotta love the Skers! Troy Dumas, Donta JOnes and Dwayne HArris hammered the QB!

omg they killed kenny

WUen-lNSvPw

It was the 94 game against Wyoming. As bad as that looked, I think the QB stayed in the game.

Is this the hit?

GeqRBjwTEjA

I thought he suffered a bad concussion, or a screwed up neck, and had to be carted off the field. I believe Berringer started that game, because Frasier was having problems with blood clots. I know we were behind like 21-7, before Berringer and Phillips got it together to win 42-32. I think Berringer suffered the collapsed lung in this game also. I seem to remember Wyoming's coach not wanting to come back to play here, because of all the injuries they suffered. The ol' Blackshirts ruined what could have been one of their best seasons in the MWC with all the good talent they had.

Could've done without the screaming in the video at 6:30 in the morning!!!! I just pissed myself!!! <_<

Is this the hit?

GeqRBjwTEjA

yup...I remember this game...they also came in with a runningback (No. 12, white dude) who was racking up all these yards...he didn't have such a good day against us...but yes, we dug ourselves into a hole that day...

Is this the hit?

GeqRBjwTEjA

Holy hell. They bent him in two. You can tell how much the rules have changed. That type of hit would get penalties and maybe worse today. When the linebacker goes after the QB's head after he already had thrown the ball. Wow. Thats like $25K in the pros.