Just a Thought........

i think Glenn could see all the talent developing at RB last season and figured his only chance to really see a lot of playing time was a change to LB. no disrespect to Cody, but as you can see Castille and Helu are pushing Lucky for playing time right now. Glenn is a smart guy and i think he saw this coming....i hope he excels at LB as well.....he has talent, we do need him on the field.

Everyone is attributing his move to this fear he wouldn't start. When I for one , think he should be commended for having the cajones to make an important switch for himself and the team. How many athletes would leave their comfort zone to play an even more demanding position!

Cody Glenn: True FOOTBALL player!

I think people are focusing too much on the negatives of Q's game and season last year. Yes, he fumble what 3-4 times but we need to remember that he was a true freshman. He has stated that he was at times focusing on "not fumbling" so much that it became more of a mental thing. Let's wait and see how he does this year before we even start thinking about saying he needs to switch posistions. He is our "hammer" or short yardage back and is very important to our offense and running game. I seem to remember Ahman Green having an issue with putting the ball and the turf, thank god he didn't switch positions. I'm not saying that Castille is the next Ahman, but we need him on offense.

have said this before, but considering the talent that we have there and the lack of it at LB, I would think mr castille might also be a candidate f he doesnt stop fumbling. I dont want to see ths happen, but if he cant keep a hold of the ball, I think this would make since

Seems to me that Castille should move to FB --- where he would be a monster for the next three seasons. Then move incoming recruit Lester Ward to an OLB. Move Marcus Mendoza to a WR. The move of these three IB's (or RB's) would place great talent into positions of need and still leave Lucky (one year left), Helu (three years left), Austin Jones (three years left) and Collins Okafor (four years left --- and he too could potentially play FB like Castille).

Right now with Lucky, Helu, Castille, Mendoza, Jones, Ward, and Okafor all at the same position and little depth and athleticiam at OLB, WB, or FB --- well it only makes sense to move some of these guys. What Glenn did helped the team. We need more of it.

seems we would be smart to keep 3 RB's available at all times...nics, bruises and injuries will get to someone eventually....with Lucky gone next year you have Helu, Castille and one more guy......and probably not a freshman back either.......cally played this game of swapping guys around and it proved to be a failed experiment......leave the RB's where they are and let them develop!

I think people are focusing too much on the negatives of Q's game and season last year. Yes, he fumble what 3-4 times but we need to remember that he was a true freshman. He has stated that he was at times focusing on "not fumbling" so much that it became more of a mental thing. Let's wait and see how he does this year before we even start thinking about saying he needs to switch posistions. He is our "hammer" or short yardage back and is very important to our offense and running game. I seem to remember Ahman Green having an issue with putting the ball and the turf, thank god he didn't switch positions. I'm not saying that Castille is the next Ahman, but we need him on offense.

plus one of Q's fumbles last year wasn't actually a fumble. Can't really remember which game that one was though... and the fumble in the spring game was just a good play by (i think) amukamura.