Chew on this for a while

These players won't need alot of bulletin board material to start this year off with a bang! I don't think we'll humiliate WM either. The size of their D-line will be an issue for them, our running game will be huge in this game, 225+ yards on the ground easy.

Gotta like Coach Gill's fightin' bulls getting some interconfrence dap though!!!

Huzkerbob I like your prediction with the run game, but I could definitely see us opting for a short pass game against WM, but I think we'll definitely try to run the ball early to get a feel for their defense... but I mean who wouldn't like to see the option with ganz in the helm?

Well, look what Ball State did last year. I hope NU just takes it to them and makes this a statement game. If they can put up over 150 points, I hope Bo does so. Let everyone know that the Huskers are back and the Blackshirts are going to put a hurt on anyone who gets in their way.... :box

:yeah I took the liberty of correcting your statement to make it more accurate... :clap

I'm not really thinking it'll be lopsided on the scoreboard. If it is, then good.

But where the "whoopin" is going to be felt, is when the WMU players wake up sunday morning. I have a feeling that every play our boys are going to be puttin' the wood to em, every down.

I think the intensity is going to be off the charts on both sides of the ball. That should translate to "a good old fashioned slobberknocker", for lack of a better term...

i believe their line of thinking is, "look what Ball State did nearly did to Nebraska last year! we can take 'em E A S Y!"

and if this was last year's team, then i might agree.

unfortunately for WMU, this ain't last year's team and we don't have last year's coach.

i believe their line of thinking is, "look what Ball State did nearly did to Nebraska last year! we can take 'em E A S Y!"

unfortunately for WMU, this ain't last year's team and we don't have last year's coach.

Hell, i'd run nothing but draws for the first 15 or 20 plays, just to let them know, that we really want to hurt their feelings...

Hell, i'd run nothing but draws for the first 15 or 20 plays, just to let them know, that we really want to hurt their feelings...

And let them know that they have no chance. Kinda like the old days. I like it!

I'd say NU by 3 TDs easy.

Nebraska's will be able to run the ball all day long. They'll control the clock and set the tempo....opening the passing game wide open if desired.

I'm not expecting WMU to go scoreless, but I don't believe they're going to control the ball or the clock with the run....and their quarterback tends to throw picks, if they have to bomb away.

I doubt WMU can win:

-The Time of Possession Battle

-The Battle in the Trenches

-The Special Teams Battle

They could potentially win the turnover battle, but I doubt with the new effort infusion that NU will be idle on defense.

Plus, the "Sea of Red" can and will be a huge distraction to their psyche, confidence and team communication.

Pencil me in fellas.....NU by at least 21. Come and get it Western Michigan. :cowbell:

And let them know that they have no chance. Kinda like the old days. I like it!

The word that we're looking for is...

Demoralize...