Chew on this for a while

I HOPE that Western Michigan is looking past Nebraska...that will just make it all that much more fun to blow them back to Michigan to lick their wounds by half-time. I don't know what this guy was smoking, not thinking we don't have a high powered offense...that is the ONE thing we do know we have. They better come to Lincoln and bring their A game...otherwise it will be a long day for them.

GBR!!

I HOPE that Western Michigan is looking past Nebraska...that will just make it all that much more fun to blow them back to Michigan to lick their wounds by half-time. I don't know what this guy was smoking, not thinking we don't have a high powered offense...that is the ONE thing we do know we have. They better come to Lincoln and bring their A game...otherwise it will be a long day for them.

GBR!!

I'm not thinking we won't not have a high powered Offense either.

errrr....

We haven't had a "high powered" Offense this millennium.

Hopefully, we'll be better than last year.

Making this Bulletin Board material is a stretch.

The author feels Buffalo is more dangerous because of the ramifications on their conference race and they weren't much of a test the last time they played.

I don't believe for second that Buffalo is as talented as the Broncos, but what makes this game so dangerous is its location, the lack of any sort of rivalry between the programs and its timing.

WMU has to go into Buffalo on Oct. 11, a week before going to Central Michigan. There is no hatred of the Bulls to keep WMU's focus and it's a league road game at a place that doesn't have great atmosphere (remember Eastern Michigan in 2007). Keep in mind, nondivisional games count toward the conference standings this year.

He goes on to say, "Here's why the others don't stack up, even if other teams are better:"

Basically saying NU and IU may be better than BU, but the players probably won't have as much trouble getting up for those games.

He still appears to be used to writing the obituaries.

Really, this should be bulletin board material in the locker room. Some patsy team thinking they have a chance against us? :wtf

Well, look what Ball State did last year. I hope NU just takes it to them and makes this a statement game. If they can put up over 50 points, I hope Bo does so. Let everyone know that the Huskers are back and the Blackshirts are going to put a hurt on anyone who gets in their way.... :box

I think we will handle WMU without much of a fight...for a number of reasons.

-Our defense will be 100% better on effort alone, not to mention proven schematics and the ability to adjust

-This will be Bo's first game, and he will be looking to make a statement...defensively, if nothing else

-The defense is excited to have the freedom to make plays, plus they've got a huge chip on their shoulder. If that wasn't enough, they get a quarterback who is prone to throw it up for grabs (20 TDs/15 INTs last season).

-Let's not forget about our solid quarterback, Joe Ganz had 17 CAREER passing attempts before starting the final three games of 2007 against conference opponents...in those games, he averaged 466.3 yards, 58% Completions, 5TD/2.33INT per game (in his FIRST THREE career starts)

-Did I mention 2 out of those 3 games were on the road? In his one game at home, he was 30/40 (75%), for 510 yards, 7 TDs, no picks. Near flawless in the comfort of Memorial Stadium.

-I'm not saying Ganz is Peyton Manning, but statistically speaking Ganz was a rookie last year...now a bit more settled and confident, he gets Western Michigan at home. I expect the offense to roll.

-Furthermore, our experienced O-line should dominate against a WMU D-line that averages just under 266 lbs. The average drops to just about 248 lbs in the 2-deep. We should be able to wear an undersized Western Michigan out with the ground game. The stable of backs should be tearing off chunks of yardage all game long.

-On the flip side, WMU's starting running back is 5'10", 169 lbs. Not that he can't be effective at that size, but I don't see the Broncos wearing us out with their ground game.

-Do 85,000 pumped up fans matter at this point? :woo

Their RB is 169lbs????

This kid is going to be running for his life...

This guy can write what he thinks his audience wants to hear. But when it comes down to it, we have something that they do not...

Anger

There are probably some frustrated and angry young men on this team, sick of the criticism of their heart, their willingness to play, and just waiting for the opportunity to release it.

I'm pretty sure Bo has noticed it since he's taken over.

Their RB is 169lbs????

This kid is going to be running for his life...

and traumatized. after the opener, he'll have vicious flashbacks when he sees scarlet on anything and scream like a little girl the next time he's offered a side of corn.

I hope these 1st few games everyone is just looking at the team we had last year and thinking they have a chance. NU will be a completely different team not only defensively but as a team intensity wise. The emphasis on being physical will be displayed during our first 3 games for sure. With the exception of the players, this team will be completely different from the last 4 years. Physicality, excecution, receivers will be laying guys out, defense flying to the ball, and something to prove; all something we havent seen in awhile.

Lets not forget those games Ganz played in weren't exactly cake walk defenses either.. with the exception being KSU :-)

And Kansas.....

Kansas on paper looked good but if you look at the actual teams they played their defensive accomplishments aren't that impressive...

I would say the article is so much locker room material as it is a heads up that if you overlook a team like the Broncos, it may come back to bite you in the butt in the end (i.e. Iowa last year)

Frankly, this game isn't as big a walk-over as it looks. WMU has a pretty good history of hanging tough with more highly regarded programs so it really is a bigger deal than it looks...as far as opening games, I think only Missouri (Illinois...which they should win), Baylor (Wake Forest...uh oh) and Colorado (Colorado State who always takes this game seriously) have bigger challenges ahead of them.

Kansas - Florida International (Are you kidding me?)

Iowa State - South Dakota State (of course all ISU games end up being challenging so who knows?)

K-State - North Texas (Used to be good....back in the 60's...or was that West Texas?)

Texas - Florida Atlantic (Roster full of people not good enough to play at Bethune Cookman)

Oklahoma - Tennessee-Chatanooga (Will not dignify this with a comment, humorous or otherwise)

Texas Tech - Eastern Washington (Who?)

OK-State - Washington State (Pac 10 Push Over)

A&M - Arkansas State (Again...Who?)

Anyway...of all the teams in the Big 12, it's safe to assume that 8 of them are going to have walk-over games against easy opponents while Baylor will surely be trounced by Wake Forest. That only leaves three games to consider...and the Colorado game is a rivalry game so could go either way regardless of which team is better. That leaves only Missouri and Nebraska with opponents that can actually play D-I level ball on a comparitively competitive basis. The MU and Illinois game outcome can't realistically be thought of as an upset because both teams are thought to be fairly even. That leaves NU as the only decent team in the league that can reasonably be considered competitive and yet be regarded as an upset (as opposed to an utter humiliation) would be the Nebraska - WMU game.

Uh...this post had a point when I started but now I can't remember what it is. Maybe just that NU best not be overlooking anybody this year?