Season Ticket List

:rant

I got an email from the University Ticket office today informing me that I have slid from number 900 and some down to number 1001 on the season ticket list. They then said that I could move up the list by donating annually to the University, but would not be guaranteed tickets anytime soon.

I am hard headed, and have moved to Nevada (for tax reasons...so I guess I am cheap), and I refuse to buy my way up the list. I guess I will bide my time and maybe if they do another stadium expansion in the next 20 years, will get my season tickets by the time I retire...which may be pretty good timing for me anyway, since if I got the season tickets I would have to move back to Nebraska, at least in the fall for football season.

If they don't do another stadium expansion in the next 20 years, I guess I will have to break down and make the donation and "buy" my way up the list... The tickets are expensive enough, and then it will cost me to actually have to move back to Nebraska for the fall just so I can use the tickets, which won't be cheap either. Then they want me to make an annual donation on top of the cost of the tickets so they can upgrade the luxury boxes?

I think what bothers me the most is that I actually slid down the list...when I was informed a year ago that I was in the low 900's...now all of a sudden I am down to 1001. Once again I am made well aware that the University views these tickets as another way to get money (other than the cost of the tickets themselves) in to the vaults under Memorial Stadium to take care of the people that are in those luxury boxes at the top of Memorial Stadium by upgrading their boxes, while people like me - even if I were to donate, would still be sitting in the parking lot looking to get tickets over face value from the scalpers.

There is something wrong with this system!! :angry:

How much have you donated so far. I was thinking of dropping a donation to help with taxes this year and I need to know how much it would take to move you down to 1002. J/K I would like to know how it all works.

:LOLtartar What did I do to you... :dunno

Gee thanks for all the sympathy... :bang

The email I got today asked for a donation of $275 per seat to move up the list.

Yeah, that will move you up the list, but then if someone else comes along and donates $280 they move ahead of you. Basically they are auctioning off spots on the waiting list. It is all about the money, not the fans.

The email I got today asked for a donation of $275 per seat to move up the list.

Yeah, that will move you up the list, but then if someone else comes along and donates $280 they move ahead of you. Basically they are auctioning off spots on the waiting list. It is all about the money, not the fans.

It sucks I know, but that money is the only thing that keeps all our other programs going, and trying to get others up and going like the basketball program. It's not just for the "luxury boxes". Allthough I do feel your pain. What urks me the most is the many ppl I know who have season tickets, make the donation, then sell pretty much every ticket, maybe keeping one game, I hate that.

How much have you donated so far. I was thinking of dropping a donation to help with taxes this year and I need to know how much it would take to move you down to 1002. J/K I would like to know how it all works.

:LOLtartar What did I do to you... :dunno

Gee thanks for all the sympathy... :bang

So do you have to donate to get on the list and then donate more to move up the list knowing you will not get tickets this year and next year they require you to equal your past donations or you move back down the list or off of it. How exactly does this work?

It is a f'd up way to get donations and keeps the average fan out in the cold. It also promotes scalping because if you can get them with a donation, you have to sell half the tickets on ebay to pay their donation.

As far as I am concerned, the AG should crack down on the practice, and if law enforcement would actually stop the scalping, people wouldn't be able to afford this "donation" and the university would put a stop to the practice, the wait list would have some integrity, which it sure don't now.

This process is nothing more than the University doing their own scalping first before your avg joe has to do it again to cover what he can't afford, then the street scalper gets his cut. No wonder you have to pay $150 per ticket to see us play Baylor.

Oh, and all that money donated while still possibly sitting on that waiting list for years after being moved up...gone.

Are you donating anything at all? Not to sound mean, but if you're not donating anything at all and somebody comes in and DOES donate, it would make sense to me that they moved above you.

why bother with the list...when tickets come available put them up for the highest bid....better yet, take everyones tickets every year and do it...why even bother with having ticket prices printed on the tickets, because the stated price is not the actual cost of the ticket. In essence, they scalp their own tickets before they are even printed.

That would be just as fair. And think of all that money coming in, plus you would actually see something for your money...better hope nobody outbids you on your seat, like they are doing people on the list that have been there for years, huh?

I can see both sides of this. The donations do help the university stay out of public funding for sports which keeps our taxes down I believe. On the other hand I can see where the average Joe who would love to have season tickets but just has not been lucky enough in life to be in a position to afford an annual donation and the price of the tickets will never have season tickets.

I personally know people that have 4-6 or even more tickets and they only use two. They sell the others and recoup whatever they can. They get the tax break of the larger donations and get some of if not most of their money back.

I will still go to the games a few times a year when I can get tickets but it sure would be nice to be able to get season tickets. I also know there are limited seats and not everyone is going to be able to have season tickets.

Rant is over,

GBR