Chad Roark (brother)

kramer

I wouldn't make too much of a story of all of this but the fact that he was in Lincoln, with rumors circulating about the possibility of him transferring and the fact that he was wearing a Nebraska hat and was with what seemed to be a girlfriend makes it an odd story. The brothers seemed to be having a great time and, along with there dad, in constant communication with the coaching staff. Love to see the guy in red.....Husker red....

hello, w/ chad roark wearing the NU hat - that alone makes this rumor even the more enjoyable

but, I just do not understand why there was not much interest last yr - since NU had two + yrs of film on this guy from when his brother was being recruited, & from his own senior yr film, & still he was not offered, & also NU had time last yr since he showed good interest early on NU in the summer, & then was quite uncertain of his choice of school throughout his recruitment from fsu & ou

yet, if he does show up at NU come this fall I think all will be happy - especially if henry (& maybe other hs recruits do not make it here, because of test scores)

the last major transfer from one b12 school to another was luke axtell - from tx to ks - in basketball, & he only sat out 1 yr

NU had a player switch from them to another b12 school (ks) in michael keenan - '94 lb recruit, from kc - but, he was since quit fb - I believe

p.s. big willie, I thought that it was roark who did not perform well at NU's camp last yr - so, I guess I was wrong, right...but, I know that some hot prospect was deflated last yr at camp - I just cannot remember who - maybe it was hoey from wi - but, any way sorry about the bad info

According to the Omaha World Herald(4/27/06) Chad Roark will join the Huskers in the summer.  Because he is transfering within the Big 12, he may have to not only sit out a year, but lose one year of eligibility.

This is pretty surprising. Anyone know what happened this Spring to Chad? Especially surprising that he would transfer to NU when we didn't even offer the guy and he would lose a year of eligibility. Any word if he is walking on or on scholarship?

I say welcome aboard Chad! We've had luck with brothers in the past and we could use some depth at Center next year with Mann graduating.

The Gimp has spoken.

Oklahoma's Stoops releases freshman center

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma lost another offensive lineman Thursday when freshman center Chad Roark was released from the team by head coach Bob Stoops.

The Oklahoman reported that Roark intends to transfer to Nebraska, where his brother attends school and plays on the Cornhuskers football team.

Roark, who graduated from Ada High School in December, spent the spring practicing part time with the OU first team. He never played in a game.

Roark declined to comment on specifics, but told The Oklahoman he wasn't happy at OU.

"I'm not really supposed to discuss it," Roark said Thursday. "Coach Stoops doesn't want me to discuss why I'm leaving. I don't want to say anything bad about the University of Oklahoma.

"I just wasn't happy there and it wasn't the place for me."

Stoops was out of town Thursday and unavailable for comment.

Roark said he will finish the semester at Oklahoma, then enroll in summer school at Nebraska. His older brother Craig is a redshirt freshman defensive lineman.

Big 12 Conference rules require Roark to sit out next year and forfeit a year of eligibility, making him a sophomore at Nebraska in 2007.

Roark declined to comment on specifics, but told The Oklahoman he wasn't happy at OU.

"I'm not really supposed to discuss it," Roark said Thursday. "Coach Stoops doesn't want me to discuss why I'm leaving. I don't want to say anything bad about the University of Oklahoma.

:o You can only wonder...