First series, first play!!

So, what's going to happen when the Husker offense first takes the field? Are they going to line up and run it down their throat or will they catch 8 men in the box and air it out? Part of me wants them to establish the running game early but at the same time I want the season to start with a bang, so what's the first play going to be?

Also, whose going to get the majority of snaps at tailback? Is Marlon going going to be the man out of the three or do you think the coaches saw enough out of Helu and Castille this offseason to give them more PT? I know they said they were going to use them all equally but I think one of them is going to get in a groove and should get more carries.

I had a dream last night that the first play was a pass, so I'm going to say that I think they'll air it out to keep the D guessing and then establish the run from there. I also think Helu is going to turn some heads and might emerge as the front runner at I-back!! What do you all think?

Straight I Formation, Two TE's to the right, one on the LOS, the other positioned as an H-Back. Swift split out wide to the left, Ganz, Lawson, and Lucky in the I. McNeill in motion to the left side, Ganz hands off to Lucky heading back to the right led by Lawson on an inside zone play. 11 yard gain.

Straight I Formation, Two TE's to the right, one on the LOS, the other positioned as an H-Back. Swift split out wide to the left, Ganz, Lawson, and Lucky in the I. McNeill in motion to the left side, Ganz hands off to Lucky heading back to the right led by Lawson on an inside zone play. 11 yard gain.

Just hope they don't try get the crowd going by trying the option like in the spring game.

No, I don't think it would be like that. I'm talking a safe play with a high percentage possibility to break for 6+ yards. This is the kinda play Osborne made a killing off of in 1994 with Lawrence Phillips.

No, I don't think it would be like that. I'm talking a safe play with a high percentage possibility to break for 6+ yards. This is the kinda play Osborne made a killing off of in 1994 with Lawrence Phillips.

Lucky on a toss sweep right or left.

Homophobic?

field position, defensive alignment will likely dictate what we do, but Ganz can call audibles anytime he sees a mismatch, he knows the offense as well as Watson, he can go to work in this first game and make himself a genuine coaching/play calling threat and shake up any defense based on his skills. most likely a hand off to Lucky, but i sure wouldn't bet against a safe throw, maybe to Lucky right out of the backfield or to Swift on a sideline pattern.