San Jose State

The Spartans won against San Diego 13-10 and were trailing throughout the game.

Actually it was UC - Davis.

Got me there, it's been a long day(home alone with a one and two year old) :bang . Anyways I am looking forward to the good old days of one series after half for the starters and then getting a lot of youngins some PT and some stats. And a large comfortable victory margin

another cream puff with a losing record from 2007.

first "test" will be vaTech.

after what happened to vaTech saturday, they will need to fix a few things themselves before the nu game. IF they can...

GO BO!!

BEAT SAN JOSE!!

So sayeth ATM about Ark St

says a little some some about A&M. doesn't it? ;)

GO BO!!

didn't they also take hawaii to Overtime?

Yes...

Also another 5-7 team from a year ago.

The Spartans won against San Diego 13-10 and were trailing throughout the game.

Actually it was UC - Davis.

Which is a I-AA school... who made the jump from D-II only 5 years ago.

Personally... I really don't think we have anything to worry about with SJSU. I'm confident that Bo will have the boys focused and ready to play.

Wasn't the conclusion reached last week, that all our early games will be important? Now we have one game under our belts and we're talking about bettin the snot out of these "creampuffs"!

We still have to find a ground game and correct the HUGE passing lanes we where showing on Sat. before we start spouting off about these patsies we will play in the coming weeks.

And I'm still waiting with my bandwagon for all you who want to jump on before the VT game! ALL ABOOOAAAAARD!!!

the creampuffs provide excellent tuneups and a great chance for experimentation. They should allow ample opportunity to iron out those wrinkles seen last week.

The creampuffs will be invaluable. Bo will have them ready for vaTech. The first test of 2008.

GO BO!!

BEAT SJS!!

I think we could all show a little more respect and not call them creampuffs. Sure they aren't on the same level as most colleges, but one of these "creampuffs" could surprise us. Look at Ball State last season.................. <_<

Yes, yes, but we have a different coaching staff, Pelini won't look by any team, one game at a time.

GBR!!

the creampuffs provide excellent tuneups and a great chance for experimentation. They should allow ample opportunity to iron out those wrinkles seen last week.

The creampuffs will be invaluable. Bo will have them ready for vaTech. The first test of 2008.

GO BO!!

BEAT SJS!!

Not only that, w/o such creampuffs, getting the mandatory # of wins for a bowl game would not be possible (well.... would be wildly, wildly, wildly less probable)

San Jose State returns 12 starters from a team that finished 5-7 last season, and 4-4 in WAC play. Some of their losses were U-G-L-Y (some of the scores 45-3 against Arizona State, 37-0 against Stanford, 30-0 against Fresno State, and 42-7 against Boise State). Wins came against Utah State, UC-Davis, Idaho, New Mexico State (heh), and Nevada.

Last week in a 13-10 victory over Div. I-AA UC-Davis, juniors Kyle Reed and Myles Eden split snaps at quarterback. Reed was 14 or 18 for 132 yards and 2 scores. Eden went 10 or 13 for 86 yards and a pick. Also, Reed rushed 7 times for 28 yards to lead the Spartans. Senior running back Yonus Davis carried 7 times for 26 yards. SJSU replaces both their right tackle and right guard. Center and left side of the line are returning starters, but the LT and LG are sophomores.

Defensively, the Spartans are starting untested players at linebacker and in the secondary (sound familiar?). The defensive line features USC transfer Jeff Schweiger and appears solid.

2007 National Rankings

Offense

Scoring: 20.4 ppg (103rd in NCAA)

Rushing: 83.8 ypg (112th)

Passing: 264.3 ypg (33rd)

Total: 348.1 ypg (88th)

Defense

Scoring: 29.3 ppg (77th)

Rushing: 165.4 ypg (73rd)

Passing: 242.6 ypg (78th)

Total: 408.0 ypg (75th)

It should also be noted that they were seventh in the NCAA in turnover margin, with an astonishing +13. Also, SJSU was dead last in the NCAA in net punting, averaging just 30 yards per kick.

I can't see NU having any trouble with these guys . . . they had to rally at home to beat Div. I-AA UC-Davis. In that game, they were 3 of 12 on third down, allowed four sacks, turned the ball over three times, and allowed UC-Davis nearly ten more minutes in time of possession.

My analysis . . . boys, this one's gonna be ugly.