San Jose State

I haven't seen any threads started about our upcoming opponent this week, what is everyone expecting? Personally, i know nothing of SJS, so I'd like to hear what they like to do, what they're good at, etc...

I know last year they came very close to knocking off Hawaii when they were unbeaten, so they aren't all that terrible. Now, i don't know how many the graduated, but hopefully we can come out and show some improvement from last week. :bonez

Spread offense, can expect a decent passing game, not a great running game. WMU should be our toughest opponent out of the first three games.

:yeah

This is what Athlons preseason rankings were, obviously not golden as they had clemson at #10 but is a good starting point. Nebraska was 41. Western Michigan was 82 just above Iowa St at 81. San Jose St is at 99. New Mexico St is at 105. Va Tech was at 21.

Here is Athlons preview of San Jose St

The Spartans won against San Diego 13-10 and were trailing throughout the game. They even used a planned three QB rotation and the third stringer won the game for them and I believe will be the starter on Saturday. Toomey is a good coach but the talent levels should be noticable. However they have some decent transfers. The QB was a top 10 QB coming out of high school and may have went to Oregon St, and then they have a DE who left the monster that is USC and was a typical USC superstud recruit. All in all should be a good game to get the youngins some snaps.