SI Power rankings

Dan_F_30

I know most on here aren't Holtz fans, but I liked his assessment of what the offense has to do. Mark May said score touchdowns. Holtz said they need to concentrate on getting a first down. Then, the next first down. Eventually after getting enough first downs, it will lead to a score. I think this is what us fans need to do. Concentrate on winning each game. Win 1 game, and then concentrate on winning the next. Eventually winning enough games, we will be ranked. At this juncture, it really doesn't matter what we're ranked. It will matter in November, but not right now. If we take care of our business, everything else will sort itself out. We play a tough schedule, but a lot of the "tough" games are at home. As long as the coaches and players strive to get better and address the problems, it will lead to a successful season.

I know most on here aren't Holtz fans, but I liked his assessment of what the offense has to do. Mark May said score touchdowns. Holtz said they need to concentrate on getting a first down. Then, the next first down. Eventually after getting enough first downs, it will lead to a score. I think this is what us fans need to do. Concentrate on winning each game. Win 1 game, and then concentrate on winning the next. Eventually winning enough games, we will be ranked. At this juncture, it really doesn't matter what we're ranked. It will matter in November, but not right now. If we take care of our business, everything else will sort itself out. We play a tough schedule, but a lot of the "tough" games are at home. As long as the coaches and players strive to get better and address the problems, it will lead to a successful season.

But speculation is half the fun. :)

Just for fun...based on my half-ass scientific method (opponent, last year offense and defense ranking, etc...here is MY power ranking for the B12 after last weekend's games:

1. Missouri

2. Texas

3. Oklahoma State

4. Nebraska

5. Kansas State

6. Colorado

7. Oklahoma

8. Kansas

9. Iowa State

10. Texas Tech

11. Texas A&M

12. Baylor

Things would probably have been a lot different had Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Kansas and or Iowa State had actually played a DI school...have to take off points for those DII guys...

Just for fun...based on my half-ass scientific method (opponent, last year offense and defense ranking, etc...here is MY power ranking for the B12 after last weekend's games:

1. Missouri

2. Texas

3. Oklahoma State

4. Nebraska

5. Kansas State

6. Colorado

7. Oklahoma

8. Kansas

9. Iowa State

10. Texas Tech

11. Texas A&M

12. Baylor

Things would probably have been a lot different had Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Kansas and or Iowa State had actually played a DI school...have to take off points for those DII guys...

that really was half-assed.