Pelini: The Joker

Journal Star

Pelini the prankster: Worst practice ever

Bo Pelini met the media Thursday and, with disgusted expression, immediately declared: "That was the worst practice I've been a part of in all my years of coaching."

Pause.

"Just kidding."

Turns out it was pretty good. "No, good for late in the week. I thought the intensity was good. We made some mistakes. There are some corrections to be made, but not bad, not bad."

Saturday's game captains will be Nate Swift, Todd Peterson, Ty Steinkuhler and Alex Henery.

Pelini seemed skeptical that Lydon Murtha and Rickey Thenarse would play Saturday. "They haven't had much practice this week, so..." he said. Thenarse was in street clothes during the practice.

About recruits, Pelini said he thought there'd be six official visitors this weekend.

"It's a good group. On a game weekend, you can't have too many. You just can't accomodate too many and do it the right way."

Pelini said he feels some of the communication issues seen in the opener have improved this week. "There's still guys who are a little indecisive, or not too sure of themselves. It's like, 'Go ahead. Make your call. Communicate.' It's getting better, but it's not as consistent as I would like it to be."

Asked about Phillip Dillard playing every snap at linebacker last Saturday, Pelini said: "We don't sub our linebackers a whole heck of a lot. Some. But the guys behind them are young and inexperienced. It depends on the situation of the game and how the game goes, but we have guys ready to go. We rep our guys pretty equally during the week so we'll be ready to go."

Journal Star

Pelini the prankster: Worst practice ever

Bo Pelini met the media Thursday and, with disgusted expression, immediately declared: "That was the worst practice I've been a part of in all my years of coaching."

Pause.

"Just kidding."

Turns out it was pretty good. "No, good for late in the week. I thought the intensity was good. We made some mistakes. There are some corrections to be made, but not bad, not bad."

Saturday's game captains will be Nate Swift, Todd Peterson, Ty Steinkuhler and Alex Henery.

Pelini seemed skeptical that Lydon Murtha and Rickey Thenarse would play Saturday. "They haven't had much practice this week, so..." he said. Thenarse was in street clothes during the practice.

About recruits, Pelini said he thought there'd be six official visitors this weekend.

"It's a good group. On a game weekend, you can't have too many. You just can't accomodate too many and do it the right way."

Pelini said he feels some of the communication issues seen in the opener have improved this week. "There's still guys who are a little indecisive, or not too sure of themselves. It's like, 'Go ahead. Make your call. Communicate.' It's getting better, but it's not as consistent as I would like it to be."

Asked about Phillip Dillard playing every snap at linebacker last Saturday, Pelini said: "We don't sub our linebackers a whole heck of a lot. Some. But the guys behind them are young and inexperienced. It depends on the situation of the game and how the game goes, but we have guys ready to go. We rep our guys pretty equally during the week so we'll be ready to go."

Seems like there are always mistakes and they're always taking steps to correct them. So, get 'em corrected already!!!........(Just kidding)...I'm sure mistakes will continue to occur right through the bowl season.