Blackshirts

...What would you say if NU had lost?...

OMG...they'd have to post state troopers at every friggin' precipice in the state!!!

Well the good news there is that only 4 state troopers would have to work.

I don't care who you are...that there's funny!!!

I still don't get it.

The answer lies on the top of one of Nebraska's numerous and gigantic cliffs........

OMG...they'd have to post state troopers at every friggin' precipice in the state!!!

I still don't get it.

The answer lies on the top of one of Nebraska's numerous and gigantic cliffs........

Nebraska is home to Cliff's Notes

I still don't get it.

That's why I warned about standing too close to the Cliffs Notes.

I actually had a rack catch on a beltloop and almost fall down on me at that Bar that doubled as a bookstore (Cliffs on 12th and Q?..been awhile).

And I've seen all three cliffs in Nebraska..Not one of them appeared to be in danger of falling on anybody.

Coaching ... probably a C....they kept their cool, though IMHO they could have gotten in the players shorts a little more the 2nd the 3rd quarter.

This game was a setback, no other way to look at it. We have a lot of work to do to just maintain intensity.

I'm just glad the coaches weren't doing anything in or to anyone else's shorts...

'Specially after the Andy Christensen thing.

Bo seems to be taking this win hard.

(Hope the stress doesn't get to him).

ER2JWsKtRMY

wow, wow, wow! Pelini seemed really down and disappointed. i have never heard him so humble. he sounds like he was surprised the kids played as poorly as they did, i think it caught him by surprise. i don't think he chews butt or makes the kids run steps on Monday....i would think film time for these players would be crucial reviewing what they did not achieve....one thing i heard him say, that disappoints me....."we'll never reach perfection"......has he already tempered his own expectations for what these players can achieve?

Bo has tempered his expectations --- certainly. He said he expects perfection (that he has said a number of times) and in the interview after this game he said we'll "never have perfection." But more pointedly, if you have listened closely Bo has warned the fans repeatedly that this team is limited and that we will struggle. He has seen what top tier talent looks like (at LSU and Oklahoma) and he knows that NU is very, very, very, very far off of that level of talent.

I return to a previous contention I have made that others did not like --- it is this --- Pelini has inherited less talent than Solich did (by far) and less talent than Callahan did (also by a good margin). NU is farther away in every respect, especially talent, from rebuilding now than they were when Callahan started. Cally left the program with less talent than was here when he arrived. The notion of great Callahan recruiting was fiction --- he was no better than Solich as a recruiter. Bo has a very limited group of athletes. And Bo knows this.

you got that out of what he said? you may be right on the talent when cally got here, but its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to say. I have said this a million times. go back and look at the 2002 stats. none of the 2003 studs did anything worth noting in 2002. nobody. its easy to say"well he had so many future NFL players!!" after the fact. but none of them looked that good in 2002. its still early fellas... how about we let this one play out?

I still don't get it.

I actually had a rack catch on a beltloop and almost fall down on me at that Bar that doubled as a bookstore (Cliffs on 12th and Q?..been awhile).

And I've seen all three cliffs in Nebraska..Not one of them appeared to be in danger of falling on anybody.

Well played.

I had many a Shark Water at Cliffs :koolaid2:

I still don't get it.

Well played.

I had many a Shark Water at Cliffs :koolaid2:

I forgot about those..I was just there looking for cliffs notes on Calculus..(Didn't exist) :angry:

I heard this time and time again before the season started so im going to remind some of you guys what you said. I dont care if we loose just as long as we play our hearts out. We will loose this year that much is certain but how much and to who is a question. No depth, young team it happens. This year is a rebuilding year so weve got some growing pains. We might need to get laughed at for a few years before we can walk without riticule wearing our red and white. Bo is gonna get them going just weather its sooner then latter is another thing.

Coaching ... probably a C....they kept their cool, though IMHO they could have gotten in the players shorts a little more the 2nd the 3rd quarter.

This game was a setback, no other way to look at it. We have a lot of work to do to just maintain intensity.

I'm just glad the coaches weren't doing anything in or to anyone else's shorts...

'Specially after the Andy Christensen thing.

Bo seems to be taking this win hard.

(Hope the stress doesn't get to him).

ER2JWsKtRMY

wow, wow, wow! Pelini seemed really down and disappointed. i have never heard him so humble. he sounds like he was surprised the kids played as poorly as they did, i think it caught him by surprise. i don't think he chews butt or makes the kids run steps on Monday....i would think film time for these players would be crucial reviewing what they did not achieve....one thing i heard him say, that disappoints me....."we'll never reach perfection"......has he already tempered his own expectations for what these players can achieve?

Bo has tempered his expectations --- certainly. He said he expects perfection (that he has said a number of times) and in the interview after this game he said we'll "never have perfection." But more pointedly, if you have listened closely Bo has warned the fans repeatedly that this team is limited and that we will struggle. He has seen what top tier talent looks like (at LSU and Oklahoma) and he knows that NU is very, very, very, very far off of that level of talent.

I return to a previous contention I have made that others did not like --- it is this --- Pelini has inherited less talent than Solich did (by far) and less talent than Callahan did (also by a good margin). NU is farther away in every respect, especially talent, from rebuilding now than they were when Callahan started. Cally left the program with less talent than was here when he arrived. The notion of great Callahan recruiting was fiction --- he was no better than Solich as a recruiter. Bo has a very limited group of athletes. And Bo knows this.

Just to point out the obvious, no one human being is perfect. Thus, this team will never be perfect. Solich did inherit talent, but it was very young raw talent. We started 98' with a redshirt freshman QB and a true sophomore QB who played receiver the year before. We had two RB's that were very green with limited experience. TO didn't leave the cupboard bare, but he sure did leave an extremely young and inexperienced squad. Did Pelini inherit less talent than BC did? Well, remember we're comparing Ganz to Joe Dailey at QB. We're comparing Lucky, Helu, and Castille to Porkchop. No doubt Pelini inherited a better receiving corp. than BC did. I reserve the right to pass judgement on the D players until season's end as I still think there's some game changers playing on D.

We still have athletes. I'd bet the team speed is greater now than in 2004. The only difference this time around is that we're not trying to jam a square peg through a round hole. The thing that must get better before we get into conference play is the running game. I don't care if we're running into an 8 in the box D because we have to be able to run the ball. If we continue to allow teams to make us one dimensional, we're going to get spanked against better competition.