85000 sounds like 8500

Watching the game on PPV, I didn't really notice the crowd except on Suh's return (Asante's lick on the WR was NICE, too), and some defensive plays. There were a few key third downs that I couldn't hear much.

The noise DOES make a difference. It makes it harder for opposing QB's and offensive lines to audible, it pumps up our guys, and makes the opposition a little more frantic.

I guess it's kind of reciprocal - they give us something to cheer about, we yell loudly, and they play better - normally.

After Niles' return, it sounded very loud on TV the rest of the game, especially on defense.

I showed up 2 hours before the game and was stuck in row 79 of the student section, it is just spiraling out of control worse and worse this year, to get decent seats I would have needed to be at the stadium at 8.. I mean I love the huskers, but I don't have time to tailgate or do anything else pregame now except sit outside memorial for 3-4 hours + the game, = 6 hours of standing in one day. Better wear my nikes.

Amen. Ridiculous.

What purpose does it really serve to lose your voice at a game?

Did any of the rest of you that played ever notice the crowd noise (unless you were on the sidelines)?.

I can see how it (unfairly) makes it a little difficult for the other team to concentrate when they're trying to audible but last years NU Defense also had trouble communicating with each other because of the noise.

When I go to a game, I like to study it..Try to come up with the next play..And listen to the radio headphones for down and distance..It's bad enough we all have to stand for the whole game.

wow.. no offense, but that makes no sense what so ever.... what is the point of playing at home when you have no home crowd yelling and cheering you on? the defense gets pumped up by the noise... the noise distracts audibles from opposing teams... it just gets everything going... maybe you should try to become press so you can sit up in the press box and do that there?? :dunno

Why waste your money on a ticket then if you are going to wear headphones and zone out all the noise.. Might as well watch from home, atleast you'll get more angles of the field for your money, not to mention grilling an entire 5 pack of brats on the grill is less than a single one outside the stadium.

To be honest, my opinion is take your headphones on, and get your butt off the bleacher and yell for OUR team.

To be honest..I was being a little sarcastic..(Cheat all you want) <_<

But I remember when I played.

Sure when we were on Defense and out on the field..I'd pat a teamate on the butt or head for a good play or encouragement, But I was never a "Rah Rah" type of guy...Sure you get a little carried away when your buddy intercepts the ball and returns it for a TD..Maybe even body-slam him...But for some reason, I still have trouble even yelling at my own Son's Soccer or T-ball games...I still seem to get "in the zone"..Either that, or I just can't get into Soccer or Baseball.

And the only time I remember noticing the crowd was one time between plays, I could hear my Dad yelling at the ref..I don't even remember the play..Just imagining my Mom sitting next to him trying to pretend she didn't know him.

I guess that's one of the reasons I liked Osborne so much..And made his subtle attempts at humor all the more special.

I quit going to Husker games after we lost to ASU (19-0) and I'd realized we'd lost 4 of the last 5 games I'd seen in person...Even the '96 Fiesta Bowl..I saw about a dozen old classmates out here and tailgated with a bunch of them, but I took My Siberian Husky along so I wouldn't be tempted to get a ticket from a scalper and jinx us.

Besides..Like I was tellin' some Florida fans...My Dog wanted to see if Gators really tasted like chicken.