85000 sounds like 8500

Well, I was there in section 18, row 93, and I think we did a fair share of yelling when we could. It get's pretty frustrating though when you're team is playing pretty badly (more than 2/3 of the game). It's just hard to get excited during times like that. I think the crowd can help pump up the players, but it's a two way street. They've got to be doing something to help keep us in the game too.

I find the worst part of this debate is the attitude that the team needs to show us something worth cheering for! Excuse me but if you have attended so many games that just the chance to see the huskers doesn't get you pumped. then you need to give your tickets to a fan like Husker trucker who would probably kill to sit in your seat! Or better yet give them to me who has never seen a game outside of a spring scrimmage!

Get over this idea that only a great husker team deserves your enthusiasm. Or go back to the retirement home you dragged yourselves out of!!!!!

And for god sakes get up and f*@#$!*SCREAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did what I could...my voice is completely gone!

Every game I go to I end up without a voice by the start of the 3rd...

Watch a SEC game or one at Wis. or Oregon and then you will see what real crowds are supposed to do during the game. I couldn't believe all the fans that were on TV sitting with their arms crossed making mad faces. Why can't our place rock like the Swamp?

God, I hope not. Oregon fans are pretty well known for being some of the worst in the country.

Well i hear ya there! Fans are exposed to stand and up and cheer for their team and not sit down talk amongst themselves about whats going to happen at their gargesale tomorrow I dont anyone to tell me what to do at football game that i paid good money for So if you are one of those pepole who like to tell someone to sit down and shut up then you need to stand up and get the HELL OUT!

:clap Be nice now....they need to stay home on the couch and watch the game on tv...give the tickets to someone like me that can appreciate them and make a little noise.

no duh, if i could get tickets id be up and yellin. give them to someone who would put em to use :)

1. I am in south stadium in section 15.

2. I pay a donation and pay for my tickets, I can do whatever I want to while I'm at the game.

3. I always yell my loudest at games and can barely talk when I leave anyways.

4. Last week I saw a bunch of students leave at the end of the 3rd quarter.

5. fans feed off teh players too. It does sometimes get hard to cheer when you have to wait for the 4th quarter for players to make big plays.

South is the bad part, especially now that they put more people in front of the students. They should put two full sections, top to bottom of students together on the South side, that would make it more interesting.

And WI and LSU fans are crazy because they are all hammered at the game. LSU fans at least stay through the whole game, most Badger fans leave before the 4th quarter.

But the East student section was good throughout the whole game, minus people sitting during timeouts. We could take a page from LSU and have the band play music that gets the whole crowd to chant after certain downs on offense. For instance they have Geaux Tigers after getting a first down, play a song after second down that gets the whole student section dancing, and then they play a part from eye of the Tiger after 3rd down. And of course they have a song when the defense forces 4th down.

Here is 1st down

2nd down

I can't find the other two

Watch a SEC game or one at Wis. or Oregon and then you will see what real crowds are supposed to do during the game. I couldn't believe all the fans that were on TV sitting with their arms crossed making mad faces. Why can't our place rock like the Swamp?

Trust me when I tell you that its a good thing the fans aren't like Oregon fans. But, you are right, Memorial Stadium is but a shell of what it used to be. Even the students are tamer. But, its to be expected when the legendary loud games of the past three years are a double OT win over ISU (Pathetic) and a 06 Texas loss.