With week 2 in the books...

I've heard it often mentioned that the most progress a team makes is between week 1 and week 2. If this is the case this year for our team, then we're in BIG trouble. I sat there for two quarters thinking we were going to lose this game. I think it was sometime during the first part of the 4th qtr. when the announcer stated that we were behind in yardage for the game, time or possession, and the amount of offensive plays run. Unless there's major things happening over the course of the season, the only gimmee's I see are NMS and Baylor.

Probably 8-4 with losses to TTech/OU/MU and either Kansas or VaTech. I still think we can play with both Kansas and VaTech doesn't look that strong, but hell I guess it just depends on how we adjust and go through the next few weeks.

I still dont get why people think KSU and CU are better than us. Neither has shown sh#t yet. Jesus people.

While KSU and CU have not shown much, they have shown at least as much as NU --- and CU beat us last year. KSU we beat. But, thus far this year KSU looks better. CU, maybe not. So, I'd clump NU, CU, and KSU together as toss-ups. NU should not be favored, necessarily, over either CU or KSU. Both are ahead of NU on the rebuilding scale.

So... my point is that NU has shown nothing for the past 5 years either --- unless mediocrity is something. Both KSU and CU have quality wins in that period. NU does not. All three have struggled. All three are heading up. CU is seemingly ahead of NU and KSU close behind. Again, toss-ups with those teams.

I've heard it often mentioned that the most progress a team makes is between week 1 and week 2. If this is the case this year for our team, then we're in BIG trouble. I sat there for two quarters thinking we were going to lose this game. I think it was sometime during the first part of the 4th qtr. when the announcer stated that we were behind in yardage for the game, time or possession, and the amount of offensive plays run. Unless there's major things happening over the course of the season, the only gimmee's I see are NMS and Baylor.

That's a rule of thumb for sure.

In defense of the coaches and players--

Probably more applicable to teams that --

-didn't change HC

-haven't revamped the staff

more applicable to

-teams with the same staff as last year

-teams with plenty of continuity

JMO.

GO BO!!

So... my point is that NU has shown nothing for the past 5 years either --- unless mediocrity is something. Both KSU and CU have quality wins in that period. NU does not. All three have struggled. All three are heading up. CU is seemingly ahead of NU and KSU close behind. Again, toss-ups with those teams.

ISU beat both CU and KSU last year...Are those the "quality wins" of which you speak?

ISU beat both CU and KSU last year...Are those the "quality wins" of which you speak?

I stand corrected --- ISU has some quality wins too!

ISU is an afterthought for so many of us (excepting, of course, you Cy). My apologies --- the NU-ISU game will be a toss-up too.

An aside that Cy you might like to hear. One of my undergraduate students just started graduate school (in Chemistry) at Iowa State and simply loves it. Great school, wonderful program. She especially noted the kindness of the people on campus and in the community. So, academically ISU gets its props (as they should). Athletically,... too many of us forget about them.

ISU is very capable of beating NU this year. The road game at Iowa State this year has not received a single comment that I can recall. Everyone has Vtech, Oklahoma, TTech, Missou, Kansas and Colorado in view --- but no ISU. NU could really struggle there. That will be tough game for the Huskers.

Probably 8-4 with losses to TTech/OU/MU and either Kansas or VaTech. I still think we can play with both Kansas and VaTech doesn't look that strong, but hell I guess it just depends on how we adjust and go through the next few weeks.

I still dont get why people think KSU and CU are better than us. Neither has shown sh#t yet. Jesus people.

While KSU and CU have not shown much, they have shown at least as much as NU --- and CU beat us last year. KSU we beat. But, thus far this year KSU looks better. CU, maybe not. So, I'd clump NU, CU, and KSU together as toss-ups. NU should not be favored, necessarily, over either CU or KSU. Both are ahead of NU on the rebuilding scale.

they were down 2 scores at the half at their place with billy and coz running the show. all KSU did was get destroyed by our worst team in 40 years. winning a big game but doing nothing else is not moving up. i'd say its a toss up right now, but I expect bo to have a grip on this team by the end of the year.

I actually was thinking that cy. imo I would put them on the same level as ISU. that being said I am worried about all 3 games(esp at ames) I am more worried about ISU simply because it is earlier in the year

I'm more confident today than I was Saturday. We never would have pulled off what we did on Saturday with the team and coaches from last year and they had five wins. A couple more isn't unreasonable.

By the time Missouri, TX Tech, Kansas and Oklahoma get here we'll have seen the spread offense a few more times and our nickel defensive package will hopefully be a bit more experienced.

I'll still say 7-5. I think Texas Tech is a little overrated. There defense is still suspect. I could see NU pulling that game out if Harrel continues his struggles. However, I don't like NU's chances against KU or MU. MU will out score anybody in the Big 12, and KU looks to have an impressive defense. It's still early though. Ask me again in 3 weeks. :)

7-5 would be a good year with this team...6-6 is a total possibility...not a very appetizing one, but a good possibility. If we go 8-4, they need to rename 10th Street to Bo Pelini Blvd immediately.

so is 5-7. a couple of bad bounces and few more injuries. I hate to say it, but its true

:yeah