*** The Official NMSU Gameday Thread ***

rawhide

What's the point of a fieldgoal at the 2 yard line up 35-7?

Probably to get Henery a chance to redeem...though you're right, it's at the 2-yard line.

I don't agree at all with running the ball at this point. You have your backup quarterback in. You're trying to get him experienced. You don't do that by letting him hand-off. No, the backup QB needs to be running an actual offense, not ball control. Because that's how he gets experience, by throwing passes in games.

I also am not sure we'll see Lee today until the very end. I think Witt gets at least the next series. Our no.2 needs as much time as he can get, because of how thin we are behind Ganz.

What's the point of a fieldgoal at the 2 yard line up 35-7?

Probably to get Henery a chance to redeem...though you're right, it's at the 2-yard line.

I don't agree at all with running the ball at this point. You have your backup quarterback in. You're trying to get him experienced. You don't do that by letting him hand-off. No, the backup QB needs to be running an actual offense, not ball control. Because that's how he gets experience, by throwing passes in games.

Exactly...some run, some pass. I don't mind them letting the backup QB get some passing experience, even if it's from the 3 yard line.