MU a blow out?

skersOVRsc

Not looking past VT, just curious  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I highly doubt Missouri will be taking Nebraska lightly. I'm thinking they'll probably know they've never came in to Lincoln and won for one, and they know Nebraska will soon be back to a dominant program again which would make this their best shot to beat NU at home in a long period of time... they'll come out throwin' all over the place and the Huskers will need everything to go their way to make it a game

4AM2DVUDEYRUGTXUGHBHRUBJBKMBAFCI.jpg

the first part is not given... but if you dont think this is going to be your best chance your kidding yourself. we could continue to suck, and you could continue to be a top 5 team..... but id say that the chances of both of those happening are slim to none

I will clarify my comment.

I meant Big 12 AC. That is our competition and that is where we play. That is the reality of the situation. We do not have the talent level according to the media of many in the Big 12. There are no givens, we will have a major fight in pretty much every game.

Are these kids better than their rankings remains to be seen. And as I have stated since January we will know what we have after the VATech game, not until.

Missouri has a AC player at damned near every position. They are a very tough team. This recruiting to be a Missouir player, live or die. Bo will get us back to that, but we are not even close to them at this time. Like I said, I was at the game last year, and I had the same sickening feeling I had at the Rose Bowl against Miami, Speed Speed Speed, hell most of their cheer leaders were faster than our starters.

We are going to need luck to beat them. We will need to be louder and redder than we have ever been. I will be there for the game, can hardly wait, as my son is a big Missouri fan and he will be there with me. But no matter the outcome, we have to stay behind this team. Rout or not. Bo will get it turned around, but I just do not see it happening this year.

I will clarify my comment.

I meant Big 12 AC. That is our competition and that is where we play. That is the reality of the situation. We do not have the talent level according to the media of many in the Big 12. There are no givens, we will have a major fight in pretty much every game.

Are these kids better than their rankings remains to be seen. And as I have stated since January we will know what we have after the VATech game, not until.

Missouri has a AC player at damned near every position. They are a very tough team. This recruiting to be a Missouir player, live or die. Bo will get us back to that, but we are not even close to them at this time. Like I said, I was at the game last year, and I had the same sickening feeling I had at the Rose Bowl against Miami, Speed Speed Speed, hell most of their cheer leaders were faster than our starters.

We are going to need luck to beat them. We will need to be louder and redder than we have ever been. I will be there for the game, can hardly wait, as my son is a big Missouri fan and he will be there with me. But no matter the outcome, we have to stay behind this team. Rout or not. Bo will get it turned around, but I just do not see it happening this year.

ok so we have NO ac players and MU has one at every position??

This is Missouri we are playing...Big 12...we are ready to start showing the world we are back...plus we need to shut them up, one winning year and they think they have a tradition and can talk smack...

Oh hell, I thought you were talking about Kansas. They are the ones with the radio commercial saying that history is gone and this is the new winning tradition. Isn't a new tradition a contradiction in terms?

Honestly, I listen to KC radio and haven't really heard a lot of smack talk from Missouri. Kansas, on the other hand, think they are God.

This is Missouri we are playing...Big 12...we are ready to start showing the world we are back...plus we need to shut them up, one winning year and they think they have a tradition and can talk smack...

Oh hell, I thought you were talking about Kansas. They are the ones with the radio commercial saying that history is gone and this is the new winning tradition. Isn't a new tradition a contradiction in terms?

Honestly, I listen to KC radio and haven't really heard a lot of smack talk from Missouri. Kansas, on the other hand, think they are God.

Think KU was humbled a little this past weekend. Missouri thinks they have a tradition too, been reading the Kansas City paper where they let the fans comment on articles...a lot of smack talk there. I don't know if we have the defense to go against their offense, but man it would be nice to shut them up just this once. :clap

I kind of knew KU was going to have some issues this year, they have a tougher schedule, didn't think they would lose quite so fast though, and figured it would be someone in the Big 12 that beat them.

I still kind of hope that Buffalo pulls one on Missouri, or at least puts Booger out for a couple of weeks. As much as people hate Chase Daniels, you have to give him credit...he is a pretty decent QB, or has everyone else around him making him look good, one.

Yeah, I would love to see Daniel knocked down a few time. Gotta have hope...any given Saturday, you know.

I can't wait until Nebraska plays Va Tech. Then we'll know how the team will react to big-time competition. If Nebraska plays well against a good team with good recognition, then I think they will give Missouri all they want.

Yeah, I would love to see Daniel knocked down a few time. Gotta have hope...any given Saturday, you know.

I can't wait until Nebraska plays Va Tech. Then we'll know how the team will react to big-time competition. If Nebraska plays well against a good team with good recognition, then I think they will give Missouri all they want.

VT is not that great of a team. They are a lot better than the teams NU has beaten so far, but they are not even top 25. They looked pretty mediocre against GT. I think they lose to North Carolina on Saturday and come to lincoln 2-2, and leave 2-3.

I do agree that what i think is a victory over VT will pump up NU. But VT and MU are not that close talent wise right now. (If you take MU out of the sentence and place another top 5 or 6 team in it may be easier for some husker fans to say. ) :dunno

But VT and Florida are not that close talent wise right now

But VT and USC are not that close talent wise right now

But VT and OU are not that close talent wise right now

But VT and LSU are not that close talent wise right now

:clap;)

p.s. I would be willing to take a friendly wager that says Chance McDanielson doesn't take a hit against Buffalo behind the line. :)

We got blown out of the water by Tech in '04 but would've beaten them in '05 if LeKevin just falls down with the freaking ball. Similarly, this will not be the like last year against Mizzou by a longshot. I don't see a W but we'll put up considerable points. Hopefully the D can make enough plays to keep us in it.

Mizzou 38

Neb 31