Nebraska defeats NMSU

Man go to the missouri board they talk sh#t about us everyday it really ticks me off! :angry:

Of course they do...

Us and KU...because we ARE their competition. They won't admit it. They will continue to denegrate our program as some of our fans do theirs in an attempt to make themselves feel better.

However, as everyone knows. What happens here (and there) is just fluff and really means nothing. Might get your blood boiling. Might make you wanna' go kick some Mizzou fan in the shins...but really...it means nothing. To our program...to their program...to our players...to their players...

I gaurantee you that Chance McDaniels isn't thinking to himself that just because he and his team have blown out everybody they've played so far that coming to Lincoln and winning will be a cakewalk. If he is...well...he is simply doing his team a disservice. I will further gaurantee you that Coach Pelini will not allow our boys to think they CANNOT win that game. It's gonna' be a barn burner!!! I, for one, cannot wait.

If all our (adn their) smack talk really meant anything...well...guess there wouldn't be any need to play it out on the field.

BTW...a good friend of mine just informed me this wekend that he's got a good line on tickets for us. My family is very close with their family. Well, his daighter is in her sophmore year at Mizzou. She really is a great kid...even if she can't pick a school. Well she and a group of her friends had purchased tickets to come up to the game and it turns out they won't be able to come...so.... Looks like I'm gonna' be smack dab in the middle of the fray come game day...can't wait!!!

I have been to more games than most of you combined. I have attended games at every major stadium in the country. I have never had a problem with a opposing teams fan. I include Colorado in the statement also. KState the same.

We have our asshats as all teams do.

We have been on top for a long time, and we had a swagger about us when we were. It is their turn and they deserve to be proud of their teams. If they weren't what fun would it be.

I have seen the bad days, the good days, the great days, the less than great and our recent fiasco. I am still proud to be a Nebraska fan, but I can honestly tell you our fan base is changing and if keeps heading the way it is now, we will be just like every other program out there. Respect is what it is about.

And most Nebraska fans talk about history and how important what we did in the past is. In reality it means nothing. Scoreboard is all that is important. Forget the past and move forward.

The poster hit it square on the head. We mean nothing at this time. We tied for last int he big 12. When we are able to play with the elite then you can talk. Until then we sound like cry babies.

I have been to more games than most of you combined. I have attended games at every major stadium in the country. I have never had a problem with a opposing teams fan. I include Colorado in the statement also. KState the same.

We have been on top for a long time, and we had a swagger about us when we were. It is their turn and they deserve to be proud of their teams. If they weren't what fun would it be.

I have seen the bad days, the good days, the great days, the less than great and our recent fiasco. I am still proud to be a Nebraska fan, but I can honestly tell you our fan base is changing and if keeps heading the way it is now, we will be just like every other program out there. Respect is what it is about.

And most Nebraska fans talk about history and how important what we did in the past is. In reality it means nothing. Scoreboard is all that is important. Forget the past and move forward.

The poster hit it square on the head. We mean nothing at this time. We tied for last int he big 12. When we are able to play with the elite then you can talk. Until then we sound like cry babies.

wow... what an arrogant statement

I completely agree with this statement. I have talked trash in the moment and probably made myself look like a bad fan. But NU fans have always been known to be the most respectful and knowlegeable fans in the country. Just because we have fallen upon hard times in the last few seasons, doesn't mean we should stop doing so. Yes, it is hard seeing and knowing that we are not at the level of past teams but I believe that we are on the rise back. I believe I have decided to just sit back and let the asses of our opposing teams make a fool out of themselves and show the true maturity of their programs and fan bases. Nebraska has been there and done that and I think we should start acting like it.

:yeah

great post.

You can talk smack when you have scoreboard.

When you don't it just sounds like whining.

GO BO!!

Not trying to be arrogant Melscott, but I am 61 years old and it seems a lot of posters here are still in high school. I average 6-7 college games a year and have for many years. Most major bowls over a 40 year span, sometimes as many as three Bowl games a year.

Bad mouthing others fans is wrong in my mind. You normaly get what you sow. I enjoy the friendly riavlry we have with most teams. I have had major tailgates with SC fans and Texas fans and Texas Tech fans. KState and others, and never ever had a problem with a fan. Normally had the time of my life with their fans. Have become a Trojan fan because of their fans. Plus they are close by.

Think about this. Back in our day, if we had a team that finished last in the conference talking crap what would our response be. NO different than what we are hearing from Missouri fans. Not important. Nothing could more true.

Scoreboard is all that matters, not what you did last year, or 40 years before. What you do on the field is all that is important in today's football. Measure up or set down. When we do then we can talk, until we are doing that we are just whining. Earn the respect first.

Not trying to be arrogant Melscott, but I am 61 years old and it seems a lot of posters here are still in high school. I average 6-7 college games a year and have for many years. Most major bowls over a 40 year span, sometimes as many as three Bowl games a year.

Bad mouthing others fans is wrong in my mind. You normaly get what you sow. I enjoy the friendly riavlry we have with most teams. I have had major tailgates with SC fans and Texas fans and Texas Tech fans. KState and others, and never ever had a problem with a fan. Normally had the time of my life with their fans. Have become a Trojan fan because of their fans. Plus they are close by.

Think about this. Back in our day, if we had a team that finished last in the conference talking crap what would our response be. NO different than what we are hearing from Missouri fans. Not important. Nothing could more true.

Scoreboard is all that matters, not what you did last year, or 40 years before. What you do on the field is all that is important in today's football. Measure up or set down. When we do then we can talk, until we are doing that we are just whining. Earn the respect first.

<--Not in High School. :moreinteresting

Either way, It gets old hearing the trash talk. Some fans act as if they have never had an off year or rebuilding years. Thats what irritates me. Every team has them, every team has their streak of dominance, I have respect for Mizzou but no respect for their fans.

you dont know that there are people on the board that are the same way... regardless of age. I know that even at a young age I got to see and experience college basketball more then most people do in a life time simply do to my dads job, and his connections in coaching.

Not too defend my less than appropriate Mizzou bretheren, but please don't judge us all by some nuts on a message board.

i don't, but oddly enough that didn't stop mizzou fans from pointing at that one nutjob who threatened cosgrove last season and saying "ZOMG C0RNHOLERZ R ALL CRAZY!!!!1!!ROFL!!!"

Not too defend my less than appropriate Mizzou bretheren, but please don't judge us all by some nuts on a message board.

i don't, but oddly enough that didn't stop mizzou fans from pointing at that one nutjob who threatened cosgrove last season and saying "ZOMG C0RNHOLERZ R ALL CRAZY!!!!1!!ROFL!!!"

Point taken. I tend to agree with the point that all fan bases are relatively the same and that there are bad elements to all.