I hate to say this but...........

Apathy

K, NE @ USC in '06, and blown out @ HOME! last yr.

USC better now than '06?--maybe. It's more of a case that OSU this yr kinda sucks and was very OVERRATED!

The Big X in general sucks. PSU/WI are the best Big X teams this yr.

How any of this relates to NE's '06 game @ USC is beyond me: who cares? :moreinteresting

Sorry, I thought huskerjock was contrasting this yr's OSU's loss AT USC w NE's '06 loss AT USC, as opposed to last yr when USC blew us out @ HOME,

since he referred to our 14 pt. loss. Anyway, I'm a little confused by this thread and the querey seems a bit of a stretch.

USC is the best team this decade is all I can say.

C ya...

zE oUt! :nanalama

K, 1 more thing: in '06, SC had Jarret/Smith at WRs, which was better than what they have now. Booty was prolly better than Sanchez in '06, but NOW Sanchez is better all around than Booty ever was. SC prolly runs better NOW than in '06. '08 is not over yet, so it's too early to say '08 SC is better than '06 SC.

As for OSU and NE in '06 and '08, I will say....AAAAAH!

I give up!

byeee :ahhhhhhhh:bang

Aside--'Pain in the ass words that are a pain in the ass or are too boring to type out, PLUS their slick chatroom substitutions:

--to/too--2

--for/four--4

--you--u

--are/our--r

--be--b

--probably--prolly

--at/and--@

--great, etc--gr8

--one/won--1

--see/sea--c

--don't know--dunno

ETC!

p.s.--19-22 yr old chics dig this stuff, which means U wl 2!

--will--wl

--cool--kwl

--baby--bbe/bb

...... :thumbs

Aside--'Pain in the ass words that are a pain in the ass or are too boring to type out, PLUS their slick chatroom substitutions:

***EXAMPLES SNIPPED***

p.s.--19-22 yr old chics dig this stuff, which means U wl 2!

***SNIP MORE EXAMPLES

Both of your points may be correct - but, first, this isn't a chatroom. Second, the use of "substitutions" combined with multiple posts one after the other makes reading the thread tedious at best, impossible at worst. And while the members can use the Ignore function for your posts, that's not the case for the Admins or Mods. So, please - try and avoid the use of those "substitutions". It will certainly help make the Board more enjoyable.

And to everyone - remember that this forum is for Husker Football. If the topic isn't related to Husker Football, please post it in the appropriate topic. If you are replying to a topic, please stay on point. A little kidding around and some asides are fine - they even add to the experience - but please remember that the reason we have forums with specific topics is to allow members to go directly to those areas that interest them.

Msg. 2 'AR HUSKER FAN':

K, here's the dealio: chatroom style is just a style, like any other style, and once u get used 2 it, it reads as fluently as anything else. It also projects an attitude/persona of it's own--like any writing style. Language is not static, always changing.

On blog bds, where did 'lol, omg, BTW', etc. come from? Do u always write out 'first, second,third' etc?

So, chat speak is valid 2 me, part of the literary reportoire...

...And to everyone - remember that this forum is for Husker Football. If the topic isn't related to Husker Football, please post it in the appropriate topic. If you are replying to a topic, please stay on point. A little kidding around and some asides are fine - they even add to the experience - but please remember that the reason we have forums with specific topics is to allow members to go directly to those areas that interest them.

OOPS!

Uhhh..

Cally bad..

Vest Worse..

I Still have to tweak my mind a little to understand Cally's gameplan..Kinda reminds me of a boxer trying to beat a more skilled Champ by using his face to wear out the other guy's arms/hands.

Try to keep it close until the end and hope for a fluky play to win? I still say it's harder for your opponent to score at will if their offense is on the sideline.

...And to everyone - remember that this forum is for Husker Football. If the topic isn't related to Husker Football, please post it in the appropriate topic. If you are replying to a topic, please stay on point. A little kidding around and some asides are fine - they even add to the experience - but please remember that the reason we have forums with specific topics is to allow members to go directly to those areas that interest them.

OOPS!

Uhhh..

Cally bad..

Vest Worse..

I Still have to tweak my mind a little to understand Cally's gameplan..Kinda reminds me of a boxer trying to beat a more skilled Champ by using his face to wear out the other guy's arms/hands.

Try to keep it close until the end and hope for a fluky play to win? I still say it's harder for your opponent to score at will if their offense is on the sideline.

a better comparison is a basketball team the is less athletic playing a pressing team. break the press run the offense, wear them out playing d. it happens all of the time. but if you try to run with that team.... they will run you out of the gym